Since launching the HyperX SSD several months ago, Kingston has taken a liking to SandForce's SF-2281 controller. With the HyperX and HyperX 3K SSDs available at the high-end for enthusiasts, Kingston is now working the controller into their mainstream and business class SKUs as well.
Today we're looking at the new V+200, a mainstream product line that balances performance and cost for a wide spread user type. In the past the V and V+ products were based on JMicron and later Toshiba controllers, but times are changing and those legacy controllers weren't able to keep pace with products offered by SandForce in performance or price.
If you can't beat them, you must join them and that is exactly what Kingston has done. SandForce controllers take up a wide range of the market. At the high-end you can find drives with the 2281 and Toggle Mode flash. In the upper middle you will find the 2281 paired with IMFT synchronous flash and at the lower end the 2281 is still the bread winner, but paired with IMFT asynchronous flash.
The Kingston V+200 SVP200S3B/120G falls into the last category and is designed to offer business consumers good SSD performance at a low cost price point, but with an upgrade bundle that allows for easy installation.
Let's take a look at the specs.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- HBO Now comes to Roku
- Facebook expanding Like button feature with 'Reactions'
- Fallout 4 PC requirements revealed
- Your Photos Are Never Going to Be the Same
- PlayStation VR has 'overwhelming' conversion rate, says Sony
- D-Link DCH-S160 mydlink Wi-Fi Smart Home Water Sensor Review
- ga-z170x-UD5 m.2 raid and intel rst drivers will not let me install windows to the raid
- X99 Extreme 4 and Thunderbolt
- REALLY NEED Help Intel Management Engine
- HighPoint RocketStor 6414AS Four-Bay Hardware RAID Tower Review
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent