Inside the Cooler Master HAF XM
Our first look inside shows the hardware is securely mounted to the HDD assembly and a few wires sticking out of the left side of the PSU wire cover that made it into this design.
The trio of ODD bays have tool-less latches that are an automatically locked once the drive slides in. To unlock them, push the tab forward and slide out the device. The PCB you see is to connect a pair of SATA cables and a 4-pin Molex to make the two X-Dock bays functional.
Behind the 200mm intake fan there are six trays that use pins on the sides for 3.5" drives and screws through the bottom of them for 2.5" drives. This assembly is a two piece design allowing the top section of three drive bays to be removable for over eighteen inches of clearance for cards.
On the floor there isn't any ventilation besides under the PSU since the PSU wire cover included would just block that air flow. There is also a removable dust filter (removable from the inside) between the raised rubber pads that support the unit.
Inside the rear of the chassis each of the nine expansion slots use thumbscrews to mount devices and this chassis has replaceable ventilated covers. I know it is hanging out the rear I/O, but the 140mm fan concluded here has a 3-pin connection and a 4-pin Molex adapter connected to it for options on how to power it.
I wanted to get an image of the roof from the inside to show that even if you went with a thicker radiator in the top, there is room at the top and on the inside to add a pair of fans to cool that radiator since room is limited with thick radiators above the steel panel.
The motherboard tray will accept Micro-ATX, ATX, even Extended-ATX and offers four large holes around the tray with thirteen tie points to keep wiring under control. There is also a 2.5" drive mount that is stamped into the center of the try around where CM lists where risers go for each board.
Behind the motherboard tray you only get 20mm of spacing in most areas. Don't worry though; the large bump in the door adds plenty of room for what you have to accomplish back here. Also you can now see the very large hole near the PSU that was covered with the plastic wiring cover when we viewed it from the other side.
The wiring is long enough to get where it needs to go and still have slack to deal with at the other end. As far as the connectivity, you get native USB 3.0, USB 2.0, HD and AC'97 Audio and the four connections for the control and lighting wires, even though two of mine are marked power switch.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nanomaterial charges phones, electric cars in SECONDS
- Qualcomm's next-gen Snapdragon 845 teased
- Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 lets you land on the moon
- Intel Core i9-7960X benchmarks: 16C/32T 'Skylake-X' CPU
- Intel's new Core i7-8700K CPU detailed, 6C/12T @ 4.3GHz?
- How to make one network using 2 routers
- Lian-Li DK02 Watercooling and dimensions
- ASUS X200 CA 1.0 should camera appear in system in control panel?
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- Baby Driver Movie Review
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4