Specifications, Availability and Pricing
Just like other HAF cases, the XM is built from steel and uses a combination of ABS plastic and mesh inserts to give this chassis its shape and style. Down the face there are large chunky plastic sides with both the 5.25" bay and the two X-Dock bays having mesh covers. At the bottom there is a large mesh insert backed with a 200mm fan with a Cooler Master badge at the very bottom. The top of this chassis is also mostly plastic and stands a couple inches taller that the steel of the chassis.
Besides the front I/O with USB 3.0 and other connectivity and a storage tray just behind it, the back two thirds of the mesh covered top is removable for access to change the fan arrangement from the 200mm fan already installed here. Both sides of the chassis offer the bump-out that the HAF 922 had, just shaped slightly different and the left panel offers an area for fans and a large plastic handle to release this panel. The back of the chassis offers a 140 mm exhaust fan with an 8+1 expansion slot configuration and a bottom mounted PSU with a dust filter.
On the inside, at the front, there are racks for the three tool-free 5.25" bays with the X-dock just below it. Moving down a bit more you find the HDD rack that can hold six 2.5" drives or 3.5" drives in the slide out trays. Also the top of this rack is removable to allow room for longer video cards inside this chassis. The motherboard tray inside of the chassis is laid out well offering plenty of wire management options; it can hold a 2.5" drive behind the motherboard and is compatible with Micro-ATX, ATX and E-ATX boards. Another cool feature on the inside is that Cooler Master adds the PSU wire cover found in the HAF-X to keep it all very clean and professional looking when the build is completed.
As I said before, Cooler Master has always been very competitive with not only their designs, but most importantly, in pricing. As I looked for this chassis Google came up a bit lame with only one hit. So I dug a little deeper and specifically searched for this chassis at a few locations. I found all of them are selling the HAF XM for $129.99. Both Fry's and Newegg are listing it for that currently, the only difference is whether you are paying tax for a local pickup or the shipping that differs between the two, with Fry's having the slight edge in total pricing.
I realized a long time ago that to get an averagely equipped mid-tower it is going to cost you $99.99 and with the options incorporated into the HAF XM, it all comes down to looks with this chassis as I already know the price is spot on without even opening the box.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo won't be at E3 2017
- AI to replace over 50% of ALL jobs in the next 10 years
- Acer Predator X27 gaming monitor: 4K, 144Hz, HDR, G-Sync
- Unikrn expands into Vegas, acquires eSports firm LEET
- Nintendo reveals foldable New 2DS XL for $149
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives