Inside the Maingear Shift Limited Edition Chassis
With the panels removed it is easy to see the RV01 innards, at least most of the factory equipped goods. There is all of the major chassis wiring tied together as not to flop around and I also have an audio pass-through cable sitting in the bottom near the front.
As the top slot and bottom slot are already in use, or using that space, you are left with the ability to use one of the three remaining slots with screws to secure the device into place.
For storage drives, you can either insert a 2.5" by screwing it to the floor of these slide-out trays or 3.5" drive by screws that pass through the sides of these trays. There are a total of six spots, four of which have hot swap panels attached.
The motherboard tray has holes for everything from Micro-ATX up to dual socket motherboards for servers. Along with that compatibility there are eleven wire management holes around the tray and two large tabs to help support wiring behind the tray.
Under the first floor of this chassis is where the PSU installs on top of the raised rails with rubber pads on them. It is very well ventilated and even has a PSU bracket to make sure when you install the PSU from the back that you don't pass it right through the bottom of the case.
In the front there is a fan filter to protect the fan that is going to soon be strapped to the EPIC 180 Supercooler from filling with dust. Since it has the task of cooling the CPU it is much easier to clean a filter than a radiator.
Behind the tray there isn't tons of room and that's why there is a large hole in the sub-floor to pass the bulky wiring through. At the left you can see the four pre-wired hot swap panels in the back of the HDD rack. These can be moved or removed as needed.
Besides the rainbow of wiring that connects the front panel lights and buttons to the motherboard, you get the pass-through SATA plugs and SATA cables to go with the hot swap bays. You also have USB 2.0, IEEE 1394 and an audio connector with spare tails to connect it to a soundcard or onboard.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Last Galaxy S8 leak before launch - the box
- I hope Destiny 2's leaked poster is fake, and here's why
- Apple's red iPhones extremely popular in - China!
- HMD confirms US availability for the Nokia smartphones
- Oppo launches F3 Plus with dual front cameras
- Corsair ONE Pro SFF Gaming PC Review
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Download "ScanPST.exe tool
- Gamdias Hermes P1 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- H170-PLUS D3 and i7 7700K, both new computer says nothing.
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse
- ASUS announces USB-AC53 Nano Wi-Fi adapter