Specifications, Availability and Pricing
There isn't a true specifications chart for this chassis and I didn't want to just copy over the RV01 sheet as it isn't exactly the same. Instead I can tell you what you will find.
Outside of the chassis you get a long expanse of aluminum on the front that is split almost a third of the way down for the door that gives access to the ODD bays and Epic Audio module. The bottom two-thirds on the left side has MAINGEAR stamped into the front panel. The top and sides are also brushed aluminum, but the side panels also sport the Maingear logo etched into the center of each panel. The back of the chassis is an aluminum expanse of steel, but even here Maingear etches their name there as well. The color of the anodized coating is black and there is only mesh on the side panels to allow for chassis air flow into the case, so you are left with a sleek yet tall aluminum chassis.
On the inside the chassis can house motherboards from Micro-ATX on up to SSI-EEB on the large motherboard tray that is oriented ninety degrees to the right of normal cases. To the right of the tray you will find room for up to four optical drives, as one it taken up with the 3.5" adapter holding the EPIC Audio module. Under the ODD rack, there are six tray standing on their sides, four of which have quick connects mounted in the back for hot swap HDD trays. Under the motherboard tray and drive racks there is room for the PSU to be mounted in the bottom left of the chassis and a pair of 180mm fans across the middle floor. The 180mm nearest the front of the chassis is strapped to the bottom of the EPIC 180 Supercooler that hides away in the frame there.
Now anything Maingear touches isn't going to be cheap. I don't know if you have looked at any of the Shift solutions that are sort of pre-fabricated, but they can start just under $2000 and the sky is very literally the limit. As for those of you who either want Maingear to build a PC inside of this for you, or for those of us who wouldn't dream of letting someone build it for us, either way you can have this chassis as long as the supplies last.
It will however set you back $899 for this exact version and if you want a window, a dual cooler for dual socket boards, or an interior color other than black, those are going to cost you a bit extra every time you deviate from the Shift Limited Edition case as you are about to see it. Orders are able to ship as of April 30th, so act fast; there are only 100 to go around.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- NASA dumps over 8,400 photos from the Apollo moon mission onto Flickr
- Samsung Galaxy S7 will have Qualcomm or Samsung processors
- NVIDIA showed off its next-gen HBM-based Pascal GPU in Japan recently
- Players attempt to enter nostalgia trip as CODPROMOD kicks on
- Check out these official DOCTOR WHO wired and wireless headphones
- Why will my video card not work?
- M.2 Drive not showing up.
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 Stabilty Issue!!!
- Tesoro Lobera Spectrum RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Gigabyte Windows 10 driver updates, Utilities...
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog