Version and / or Patch Used: 3.0 Technical Preview
Developer Homepage: http://crystalmark.info
Product Homepage: http://crystalmark.info/software/CrystalDiskMark/index-e.html
CrystalDiskMark is a disk benchmark software that allows us to benchmark 4K and 4K queue depths with accuracy.
* Sequential reads/writes
* Random 4KB/512KB reads/writes
* Text copy
* Change dialog design
* internationalization (i18n)
Note: Crystal Disk Mark 3.0 Technical Preview was used for these tests since it offers the ability to measure native command queuing at 4 and 32.
In Crystal Disk Mark we start to see the SP900's asynchronous configuration come into play. This test uses incompressible data (data that is already compressed). For many users the single command 4K read speed that is in line with several other leading SSDs on the market will do just fine. Users who work with media files will want to steer clear of the SP900 because the flash handicaps the performance of these file types.
I was surprised to see the SP900 performing so well in the CDM write test. We've seen several of the asynchronous flash equipped SF drives do poorly here, but that wasn't the case with the SP900. The TRIM issue is starting to come into play at this point as well. The high queue depth numbers are around 15MB/s slower than what we recorded with the Patriot Pyro SE 240GB at this point in our testing cycle.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm teases 48-core processor on 10nm process
- Watch Shigeru Miyamoto play Mario's theme song on guitar
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive update enhances audio
- BitFenix reveals new enthusiast Shogun PC case
- Nintendo's Super Mario Run mobile game is online-only
- Asrock J3355M doesn't power on (mostly)
- ASUS Maximus Ranger not detecting my GPU
- x99 Taichi gets WHEA 17 errors and BSOD124
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- BIOSTAR announces new motherboard features
- ADATA releases updated SC660H and SV620H 3D NAND external SSDs
- BitFenix announces the Shogun chassis with ASUS Aura support
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD