Version and / or Patch Used: 3.0 Technical Preview
Developer Homepage: http://crystalmark.info
Product Homepage: http://crystalmark.info/software/CrystalDiskMark/index-e.html
CrystalDiskMark is a disk benchmark software that allows us to benchmark 4K and 4K queue depths with accuracy.
* Sequential reads/writes
* Random 4KB/512KB reads/writes
* Text copy
* Change dialog design
* internationalization (i18n)
Note: Crystal Disk Mark 3.0 Technical Preview was used for these tests since it offers the ability to measure native command queuing at 4 and 32.
In Crystal Disk Mark we start to see the SP900's asynchronous configuration come into play. This test uses incompressible data (data that is already compressed). For many users the single command 4K read speed that is in line with several other leading SSDs on the market will do just fine. Users who work with media files will want to steer clear of the SP900 because the flash handicaps the performance of these file types.
I was surprised to see the SP900 performing so well in the CDM write test. We've seen several of the asynchronous flash equipped SF drives do poorly here, but that wasn't the case with the SP900. The TRIM issue is starting to come into play at this point as well. The high queue depth numbers are around 15MB/s slower than what we recorded with the Patriot Pyro SE 240GB at this point in our testing cycle.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New Moto Racer 4 gameplay trailer revealed
- Skyrim hasn't yet been confirmed for the Nintendo Switch
- Blizzard announces a new voice chat app for desktops
- NVIDIA's new GeForce 375.57 drivers are ready for BF1
- Sony added 1GB of DRAM to the PS4 Pro, joins 8GB GDDR5
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- h61m-dgs gigabyte not see DDR_A1
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Patriot Memory LX 200GB microSD Memory Card Review
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook
- Nintendo Switch world premiere demonstrates new entertainment experiences from a home gaming system