Version and / or Patch Used: 3.0 Technical Preview
Developer Homepage: http://crystalmark.info
Product Homepage: http://crystalmark.info/software/CrystalDiskMark/index-e.html
CrystalDiskMark is a disk benchmark software that allows us to benchmark 4K and 4K queue depths with accuracy.
* Sequential reads/writes
* Random 4KB/512KB reads/writes
* Text copy
* Change dialog design
* internationalization (i18n)
Note: Crystal Disk Mark 3.0 Technical Preview was used for these tests since it offers the ability to measure native command queuing at 4 and 32.
In Crystal Disk Mark we start to see the SP900's asynchronous configuration come into play. This test uses incompressible data (data that is already compressed). For many users the single command 4K read speed that is in line with several other leading SSDs on the market will do just fine. Users who work with media files will want to steer clear of the SP900 because the flash handicaps the performance of these file types.
I was surprised to see the SP900 performing so well in the CDM write test. We've seen several of the asynchronous flash equipped SF drives do poorly here, but that wasn't the case with the SP900. The TRIM issue is starting to come into play at this point as well. The high queue depth numbers are around 15MB/s slower than what we recorded with the Patriot Pyro SE 240GB at this point in our testing cycle.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ARMS sells over 100,000 copies in Japan in first week
- Titanfall 2 may hit 6K on Xbox One X with 100% GPU usage
- Take-Two relents on singleplayer GTA mods
- 47% of gamers spend money while playing games
- MSI Afterburner now has hardware plot graphics
- The Mummy Movie Review
- Computer freeze and audio buzz issue
- AZZA Photios 250 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Team T-Force Dark ROG DDR4-3000 16GB Memory Kit Review
- GA-X58A-UD3R wake on lan problem
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller