Noctua NH-L12 95W CPU Cooler
Have you ever ordered a sandwich and got a whole lot of bread and not all that much meat? Well here is a similar scenario. With a limited amount of fin height and the pair of fans strapped to the top and bottom, it leaves me feeling this cooler is all fans.
At last count, I believe Noctua was able to pack sixty aluminum fins onto the four 6mm heat pipes that run through them. As with all Noctua coolers, these pipes are soldered both in the base as well as to each fin.
The side with the heat pipes coming from the base and bending around into the fins shows they are spaced far apart to allow them each a good source of air flow to them and the pipes are nickel plated over the copper.
The cooler ships with a thick black foam spacer under the 92mm fan under the NH-L12. This should be removed prior to installation and as you can see, there is plenty of room to move the 92mm fan away from the pipes, if you desire to do so.
I thought I should step back and get an image of how well the NF-F12 PWM fan covers the bulk of the fins.
Removing the fan shows two things. One, there are removed sections of fins to allow for an easier installation and the second is the 92mm fan you can see behind them. While it doesn't cover all the fins, it adds a bit of boost to the air flow and delivers air flow right on top of the socket and that flows over the PWM to keep everything in the area cool.
Since the NF-B9 PWM fan doesn't have the corner pads of the NF-F12 PWM, Noctua adds a strip of isolation material under the cooler to isolate any vibrations from the 92mm fan.
The base and attached mounting hardware is just like all the rest. A pair of screws held in with e-clips on both sides of the base mount this cooler to the motherboard hardware. As for the base, it is intentionally milled with grooves, as with the NT-H1 compound, it works the best for these coolers.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Noctua NH-L12 95W CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- R.I.P. Bill Paxton 1955-2017
- Iconic Nokia 3310 is now official and comes with Snake
- LG G6 is official with Snapdragon 821 and 18:9 display
- Intel scrambles, emails tech media over Ryzen reviews
- Qualcomm Snapdragon X50: supporting 2G, 3G, 4G, and 5G
- Will the PC-Q17 ever be released in the U.S?
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- LG unveils new G6 with a large fullvision display tailored to fit in one hand
- Introducing LG XPower2 with high capacity battery designed for demanding users
- Enjoy incredible performance of AMD RYZEN with BIOSTAR X370GT5 motherboard
- COLORFUL introduces iGameGTX1080 X-TOP-8G Advanced video card
- Team Group introduces its fastest SSD for gamers with T-FORCE CARDEA M.2 SSD