Noctua NH-L12 95W CPU Cooler
Have you ever ordered a sandwich and got a whole lot of bread and not all that much meat? Well here is a similar scenario. With a limited amount of fin height and the pair of fans strapped to the top and bottom, it leaves me feeling this cooler is all fans.
At last count, I believe Noctua was able to pack sixty aluminum fins onto the four 6mm heat pipes that run through them. As with all Noctua coolers, these pipes are soldered both in the base as well as to each fin.
The side with the heat pipes coming from the base and bending around into the fins shows they are spaced far apart to allow them each a good source of air flow to them and the pipes are nickel plated over the copper.
The cooler ships with a thick black foam spacer under the 92mm fan under the NH-L12. This should be removed prior to installation and as you can see, there is plenty of room to move the 92mm fan away from the pipes, if you desire to do so.
I thought I should step back and get an image of how well the NF-F12 PWM fan covers the bulk of the fins.
Removing the fan shows two things. One, there are removed sections of fins to allow for an easier installation and the second is the 92mm fan you can see behind them. While it doesn't cover all the fins, it adds a bit of boost to the air flow and delivers air flow right on top of the socket and that flows over the PWM to keep everything in the area cool.
Since the NF-B9 PWM fan doesn't have the corner pads of the NF-F12 PWM, Noctua adds a strip of isolation material under the cooler to isolate any vibrations from the 92mm fan.
The base and attached mounting hardware is just like all the rest. A pair of screws held in with e-clips on both sides of the base mount this cooler to the motherboard hardware. As for the base, it is intentionally milled with grooves, as with the NT-H1 compound, it works the best for these coolers.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Noctua NH-L12 95W CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New Apple Music API means endless integration possibilities
- Windows 10 now blocks Google searches from Cortana
- John Romero pauses Blackroom Kickstarter to finish gameplay demo
- BioWare sets up a goose cam, starts naming the geese Dragon Age names
- Learn How to Build 14 Android Apps for $17
- Six Windows Applications Free Pack
- Creative Sound Blaster Roar Pro Bluetooth Portable Speaker Review
- Thecus N5810 Consumer NAS Review
- Cold double post on Z77X-UD5H
- Lian Li PC-X510 question about resonance sound
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched