Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The Silver Arrow SB-E is a dual tower design that uses a pair of fans to keep temperatures in check. The heat is delivered from the CPU into the finely polished copper base plate, this is where the eight 6mm heat pipes come into play and both the base and the pipes are nickel plated. The pipes deliver the heat into two towers consisting of fifty-three fins in each of the sections. These fins are shaped and a few on the top and bottom are shorter to stay inside the confines of the fans included with this Thermalright cooler. The whole assembly weighs in at 1124 grams and stands a full 170mm tall with the fans strapped to it.
The fans cooling the towers in the Silver Arrow SB-E are the TY-150 and TY-140 fans. The TY-150 is capable of speeds from 500-1100 RPM delivering 38-84 CFM of airflow with a rating of 21dBA maximum noise level. The TY-141 offers just a bit less with higher speeds of 900-1300 RPM delivering 28-74 CFM with a louder rating of 25 dBA of noise.
I think there is a dimensional typo on the TY141 fan in this chart. I can't verify it with the site info, but I can tell you one of these fans is bigger than the other. This comes in handy if there is any memory clearance issues, as the smaller of the two can go on the front.
The Silver Arrow from Thermalright is pretty easy to find and the pricing varies with every location. On the high-end of the scale I saw a place charging in excess of $110. The cheapest location I could find and just so happens to be our supplier of this cooler, you can get the Silver Arrow SB-E at FrozenCPU.com for $86.99 before shipping. This even beats out the Amazon deal by a few cents as long as you don't need the cooler shipped overnight.
While it may seem a bit pricey, it comes under the MSRP of either of the impressive coolers I mentioned earlier. At this point we just need to get the results to see just what sort of results we obtain so I can see which of the three is the "dual tower cooler" to have.
So let's get to the images so I can bolt this to my board and put it through its paces so I can see what the Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E is really worth.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- CS:GO is majorly dysfunctional for Australians and in New Zealanders
- Synology teases new OS for its NAS range, Apple Watch app for 2016
- Tesla P85D smashes two Motorsport cars in drag race
- Riot considers G2A sponsorship ban, asks teams to follow suit
- DICE says there will be no microtransactions in Star Wars Battlefront
- I Was Wondering If Someone Could Help Me With Driver Issue For SATA3 z97
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent
- DOK SOLUTION UNVEILS CR09, 2 DEVICE CHARGER/CRADLE/CLOCK/SPEAKER/RADIO WITH 'SCD TECHNOLOGY' (SMART CURRENT DETECTION), NO MORE OVERCHARGING!
- FIRST CELLULAR ANDROID WEAR SMARTWATCH PREVIEWED AT LG EVENT
- LG UNVEILS V10, A SMARTPHONE DESIGNED WITH CREATIVITY IN MIND
- Marvell Teams Up with Google to Enable Chromecast 2.0 and Chromecast Audio