ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe Motherboard
Looking at the board the overall design of it is very similar to previous Deluxe based motherboards we've seen from ASUS. I've never been a huge fan of the light blue color scheme that ASUS has opted for, but with more dark blue present on the boards these days and the black PCB, the P8Z77-V Deluxe is a really good looking board.
Moving in closer to the board we've got four PCIe x1 slots and four PCIe x16 slots. The further right black slots runs at x4 while the white runs at x8. The top most blue slot runs at x16 if the white is unoccupied. If the white is occupied for SLI or CrossFire, both slots will run at x8.
Moving across the bottom of the board we've got an EPU switch on the left followed up with the power and reset buttons. You can see the clear CMOS header, two USB 2.0 headers, debug LED and the front panel header on the far right.
Turning the corner you can see we've got a total of eight SATA ports present. The four light blue ports clumped together run off the Intel Z77 chipset and are SATA II while the two grey / white ports next to it run off the same Z77 chip, but are SATA III. As for the last two dark blue ones they're also SATA III and run off the Marvell 9128 controller.
Starting to head north you can see four DIMM slots here that support up to 32GB of DDR3 at speeds up to 2800MHz DDR via overclocking. Around here we've also got the main 24-pin ATX power connector along with the USB 3.0 header on the left and on the right we've got the MemOK button and TPU switch.
Moving around the top of the board you can see the 8-pin CPU power connector and stepping back a bit we get a good look at the CPU area which like most boards these days looks pretty clean. We can also see the heatsink setup here which in typical ASUS fashion is excellent quality.
Finishing up with the I/O side of things we've got four USB 2.0 ports to start off on the left. Next to that we've got two USB 3.0 ports running natively off the Z77 chipset and two eSATA 6Gbps ports running off the ASMedia controller. Continuing to work our way across we've got a HDMI and DisplayPort alongside an optical out.
On the networking front we've got two gigabit LAN ports - one runs off the Intel 82579V controller while the other runs off the Realtek 8111F controller. Below each network port is two USB 3.0 ports running off the ASMedia controller and between all this we've got the BIOS Flashback button. Finally we finish off with six auxiliary connectors which run off the Realtek ALC898 HD codec.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- ARCHOS unveils the larger screened Diamond Plus smartphone
- Star Wars: Battlefront beta hits in October, features 20v20 chaos
- Get Ahead of the iOS 9 Curve: Create Your Own iPhone Apps
- NVIDIA secures 81% of the GPU market according to JPR
- eSports betting startup Unikrn gets backed by Ashton Kutcher
- carvedilol 3.125 mg information. Purchase online.
- Im happy I now signed up
- ASUSTOR AS5004T Four-Bay Consumer NAS Review
- Gigabyte G1 z170 Gaming 7 motherboard.
- Kingston DataTraveler microDuo 3C USB 3.1 Type-C Flash Drive Review
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20