At launch we saw two designs when it came to the HD 7950. The first was that typical design we're used to seeing which sees the fan down the back that pushes air across the GPU and straight out the back of the case. The other is the design we can see above where the fan sits directly over the GPU in the middle.
Taking a quick spin around the video card everything is as you'd expect, we've got two 6-pin PCIe power connectors at the back of the video card while closer to the front we've got two CrossFire connectors along with the dual BIOS switch.
The I/O side of things sees a Dual Link DVI connector, HDMI port and two mini DisplayPort connectors. A typical HD 7950 setup that we see most companies use, be it on a reference design or custom designed model.
The VisionTek HD 7950 as you probably expect follows with it just the reference clocks. Looking below you can see that means the core comes in at 800MHz while the 3GB of GDDR5 memory carries a clock speed of 5000MHz QDR.
Looking above, you can see what we ended up pushing the video card to as far as clocks go. We managed a healthy plus 300MHz on the core which equates to 1100MHz while the 3GB of GDDR5 was pushed up to 5600MHz QDR. This is a strong overclock and should yield some excellent performance.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Uber suspends self-driving car tech after Arizona crash
- GIGABYTE's new Z270X-Designare looks absolutely AMAZING
- Set sail with 'Moana' in our latest Blu-ray giveaway!
- MSI makes its GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X official
- StarCraft remastered announced by Blizzard
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Gigabyte Aorus z270x Gaming 9 Motherboard Bios Code: bcc0
- New Mobo and my W10 Install?
- Just finished my PC-011 Build
- ASUS M51Vr Notebook. Long story.
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse