You can read more about TweakTown's Storage Product Testing Workstation and the procedures followed to test products in this article.
In this review we paired the Areca ARC-1882i with eight Crucial C300 256GB drives. For comparison we chose the LSI 9265-8i controller, based on the same LSI controller used in the 1882i and using the same eight Crucial C300 256GB drives.
ATTO Baseline Performance
Version and / or Patch Used: 2.34
ATTO is used by many disk manufacturers to determine the read and write speeds that will be presented to customers.
RAID 0 isn't used very often out of enthusiast circles, but it does let us produce some truly amazing numbers as shown here in ATTO.
Our recorded read speed reached nearly 2800MB/s. The write speed in this baseline test with the ARC-1882i was nearly 2000MB/s. The performance is quite amazing, but RAID 0 is impartibly for most applications. RAID 5 and RAID 6 retain the same high read speeds, but the write speeds are reduced.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Disney remaking 'The Lion King' in new CG hybrid feature
- Pre-order Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess figures now
- Dragon Quest Builders FREE demo now available for users
- Black Ops 3 mod tools enter open beta
- Elon Musk wants to colonize Mars
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Palit GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock Premium Edition Review
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Seagate IronWolf 10TB NAS HDD Review
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now