Here we get our first look at the actual card. Areca cools the dual-core ROC with a thin heatsink and fan that is much quieter than you'd expect from a small fan. The two SFF-8087 ports, each using four channels are located at the back of the controller.
Connectivity is through a PCIe 2.0 eight lane connector that can be used in an eight lane or sixteen lane port.
There's not much going on other than several surface mount components on this side.
No, the ARC-1882i does not double as an Ethernet controller, but you can manage your arrays through this out-of-bandwidth port.
Being a half-height card the ARC-1882i is quite thin. Here we see the back where the connectors are located.
Under the heatsink we found the LSI SAS 2208 dual core SAS controller.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Quake Champions frags itself into Early Access on Aug 22
- Battlegrounds updates will soon slow down
- NVIDIA invests in Chinese self-driving truck startup
- Alphacool unveil AMD Radeon RX Vega cooling solutions
- Intel: 8700K is 11% faster than 7700K
- ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- corsair vengeance lpx 16gb ddr4-2400 problem on asus x370 pro motherboard
- Synology DS1817 8-Bay NAS (Tested at 10Gbps) Review
- ASRock X399 Taichi Threadripper TR4 Motherboard Review
- Samsung Portable SSD T5 500GB and 2TB Review
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect
- ASRock introduces the X10 IoT router for smart homes