Specifications, Pricing and Availability
Areca's ARC-1882 series of products can be divided into two separate groups. The first group has 1GB of DDR3 1333MHz embedded on the cards and only 8 channels in a half height space. The second group uses a DIMM socket with 1GB of DDR3 that is upgradable to 4GB via an optional upgrade DIMM and is full height only. The larger second group also ship with 12, 16 and 24 channels. At the heart of all six models is a dual core 800MHz RAID-on-Chip (ROC) processor from LSI. This is the same LSI ROC found on the LSI 8265-8i we reviewed a few weeks ago.
Areca has long used controllers built by other manufactures, but has been able to tune these parts to better serve a large group of users. Areca builds their custom firmware that rides under their software suite that is easy to navigate and configure.
One area that has attracted many enthusiasts and power users to the Areca brand is Areca's compatibility with many motherboards and platforms. This has been a big issue with some controllers (from other manufactures) over the last couple of years, but Areca has been fairly immune from compatibility issues. Even though our ARC-1882 sample shares the same LSI controller with the LSI 9265, the Areca card worked perfectly in systems that the LSI controller wouldn't.
We found the ARC-1882i online at several e-tails. The lowest prices depend on your shipping distance, but expect to pay between $610 and $650.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Battlefield 4 'Summer update' arrives on September 1
- Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet reaches Australia, available right now
- Six people busted for using Lizard Squad's custom DDoS tool
- Square Enix improvised Final Fantasy 7's development, says Nomura
- Ashley Madison growing, including almost 90K women last week
- PC-Q01/PC-Q03 Sizing Questions
- USB 3.0 header availability for PC-C37?
- Clean install windows 10 after being an insider
- Corsair Hydro H110i GTX High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- H97 boards, graphics cards and CPUs running hotter than on Z97 boards
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20