What else can be said other than sad - VIA KT400A performance has been hyped up by VIA, yet once again has failed to deliver. Yes, VIA does add some new features and fixed a few bugs, but at the expense of performance. VIA's claims of nForce2 performance from a single channel DDR solution has not thus far proven itself to be true, in fact it is slower than the original KT400 chipset.
On the Gigabyte front, the board is packed full of very good features. While not having native Serial ATA, Gigabyte has not let this fault stay thanks to the Silicon Image Serial ATA controller. GigaRAID IDE RAID controller is one of the few boards to include both Serial ATA and Parallel ATA IDE on the one board, Gigabyte has added it without any worries.
Three Firewire ports, Hardware Ethernet and six USB ports add for all the possible expansion you will need. While having all these features it still comes down to performance. If you are looking for a board with all the features, this board is well above the pack, if you are looking for performance, an nForce2 solution is more for you.
Serial ATA RAID
Parallel ATA RAID
Internal to External Serial ATA converter
6 channel sound
Lackluster Performance of the KT400A
Rating: 6 out of 10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Gigabyte 7VAXP-A Ultra - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Gigabyte 7VAXP-A Ultra - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Gigabyte 7VAXP-A Ultra - Page 3 [Features]
- Gigabyte 7VAXP-A Ultra - Page 4 [More Features]
- Gigabyte 7VAXP-A Ultra - Page 5 [VIA KT400A Chipset]
- Gigabyte 7VAXP-A Ultra - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test Setup and Sandra]
- Gigabyte 7VAXP-A Ultra - Page 7 [Benchmarks - System Productivity]
- Gigabyte 7VAXP-A Ultra - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Synthetic 3D and PC]
- Gigabyte 7VAXP-A Ultra - Page 9 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- Gigabyte 7VAXP-A Ultra - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Direct3D]
- Gigabyte 7VAXP-A Ultra - Page 11 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- OnePlus 5 is now globally available
- NVIDIA's new cryptocurrency P106-100 mining cards tested
- Xbox One sales to hit 63 million in 2021, says DFC
- Ubisoft announces new Assassin's Creed mobile game
- Facebook reaches 2 billion monthly users
- GIGABYTE Z270X-Designare Motherboard Review
- Intel SSD 5 545s 512GB SATA III SSD Review
- Patriot Viper V570 RGB Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- WD Red 10TB NAS HDD Review
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller