Having a look at the video card you can see we've got a new design when it comes to the heatsink here. The cooler becomes even more interesting, though, when we throw the other fan into the mix using the "Transthermal Design" by MSI. We'll quickly just cover the rest of the card, though, before we go into more detail on the extra fan.
Taking a look around the video card you can see we've got a single 6-pin PCIe power connector towards the back while closer to the front we've got a typical single CrossFire connector.
On the I/O side of things we've got a Dual-Link DVI connector, HDMI port and DisplayPort to round off the connection side. You can also see the top half of the video card has the MSI logo and some vents to help the hot air escape out the back of the case.
As we've mentioned already, the MSI HD 7770 Power Edition brings with it an extra fan, which allows you to have the cooler run in three configurations. The first is the one you see at the top of the page.
The second configuration allows you to install the fan on top of the standard one which MSI dub as "Double Airflow Mode". This mode provides higher air pressure over the core to keep the temperature down.
The other mode and the one we're using today is "Dual Fan Mode" and is said to drop the card temperature by the most thanks to a bigger area for dissipation and more efficient cooling on the PWM and memory. To do this you simple slide the cooler to the right making the video card longer and then slot the fan in place. While better cooling is on offer from both these configurations the cost is that you're going to have added noise into the mix.
As you'd expect the MSI HD 7770 Power Edition comes overclocked out of the box and looking below you can see we've got an 1100MHz core up from the default 1000MHz.
As for the 1GB of GDDR5, MSI have chosen to leave that alone in this case with it coming in at the default 4500MHz QDR clock. Of course being a Power Edition video card we're going to overclock it today to see just what we can get out of it.
Looking above you can see we ended up with a core clock of 1180MHz which is a nice increase of the reference 1000MHz clock while the memory came in at an impressive 5200MHz QDR, which is a nice increase over the default 4500MHz QDR clock.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Turtle Beach shows off Star Wars Battlefront-themed headphones
- Head of Islamic State Cyber Caliphate killed by drone strike
- Scosche launches the boomBOTTLE+ waterproof Bluetooth speaker
- XCOM 2 delayed to 2016 on all platforms
- ARCHOS unveils its Diamond Tab 4G/LTE tablet
- MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Video Card Review
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20