Corsair Force 3 180GB SSD
Here we get our first look at the drive. Just like with the packaging, the Force Series 3 is the same throughout the capacity range other than the capacity size label.
Corsair still uses an all-aluminum enclosure just like with the Force GT. Many companies are moving to plastic enclosures but not Corsair, at least not yet.
We've yet to decode all of this string, but the capacity size is easily seen at the beginning.
All of the mounting points are where they are supposed to be so you won't have an issue installing this drive in a notebook or desktop with the included adapter bracket.
Speaking of the adapter bracket, here we see the drive installed in it. The bracket offsets the drive to the side so your SATA power and data connectors will line up with a back plane.
As we've mentioned, Corsair used the SF-2282 controller and paired it with 24 NAND flash chips.
There are twelve NAND chips on each side of the PCB.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Lenovo confirms smaller battery for the Moto Z2 Play
- First images of Nokia's upcoming flagship leak
- Rare Apple-1 computer from 1976 auctioned for $130,000
- Facebook rolling out 'Order Food' option
- 27-year-old gamer without eyes still plays games
- GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK with SSD M.2 Plextor M8PeG 256gb. low speed after shut down
- Prey Review: Dark Stars, Darker Thoughts
- Alien Covenant Movie Review
- Custom Storage Unit
- Z170-WS, 3002 bios, and SLI not working. Anyone else experience this?
- Western Digital sets new standard with latest generation in popular HGST-brand Ultrastar SAS SSD family
- AMD raises expectations for server performance, unveils EPYC processor brand for the datacenter
- HighPoint's SSD7101 PCIe board-sized drive series integrate Samsung 960 NVMe SSDs to deliver groundbreaking performance over 12GB/s
- Micron accelerates all-flash storage speed, performance and value with new flexible petabyte-scale enterprise data center solution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 and 630 mobile platforms drive advanced photography, enhanced gaming, integrated connectivity and machine learning