Going into this review we already knew the asynchronous flash equipped Force Series 3 would be slower than the synchronous flash Force Series GT model.
What we were really interested in seeing is if the new configuration with the SF-2282 controller would be able to overcome the issue. Unfortunately additional flash and an upscale controller still do not elevate the Force 3 to the same high standards of the Force GT.
All is not lost for the Force Series 3, though. As long as the Force Series 3 is priced competitively against the Force GT then it will be attractive to several shoppers. After all, the Force Series 3 is a solid state drive based on a SandForce controller. Most users are looking for the ultra-low access times and the Force 3 does deliver quality SSD access times.
At this time, though, the Corsair Force 3 doesn't really meet the financial test. With just a $20 price premium for the GT at the 180GB capacity size, we feel the discount isn't enough. Only you can really decide what amount makes the Force 3 worth your while.
Personally I think $50 or $60 at this capacity size changes the game, but at $20 you are much better off buying the Force GT with synchronous flash.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo's Super Mario Run mobile game is online-only
- Next iPhone might not be that spectacular after all...
- Samsung confirms Black Pearl; comes with more storage
- Pewdiepie to delete his channel later today
- NASA joins Giphy with almost 500 awesome GIFs
- ASUS Maximus Ranger not detecting my GPU
- x99 Taichi gets WHEA 17 errors and BSOD124
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- BIOSTAR announces new motherboard features
- ADATA releases updated SC660H and SV620H 3D NAND external SSDs
- BitFenix announces the Shogun chassis with ASUS Aura support
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD