Looking above at our testbed you can see there's nothing really out of the ordinary when it comes to the testbed on a whole. The only change from recent motherboard reviews is the inclusion of the Intel i7 3770k Ivy Bridge CPU which you've seen us use before, just not in a motherboard review like this one.
Before we get into the performance side of things the first thing we've got to do is cover the overclocking side of things.
Everything at the moment has pointed to Ivy Bridge overclocking not being that great under water and air cooling conditions due to the higher temperatures that are being seen on the new Intel CPU.
Looking below you can see the 4.72GHz clock we got out of the ASRock Z77 Extreme6 follows that trend compared to clocks of 4.8GHz - 5.2GHz being seen with 2600k Sandy Bridge processors.
It's a nice overclock from the default 3.5GHz clock on offer from the 3770k, but it's not as aggressive as we've seen out of other Intel processors recently. It should still yield a strong performance boost over the stock clocks, so let's see just how the new Z77 Extreme6 performs.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Super Mario Odyseey hits 7 million views on YouTube
- Mass Effect: Andromeda will support HDR10, Dolby Vision
- GIGABYTE's Aorus brand is ready for next-gen GPUs
- Survive the 'Inferno' in our latest Blu-ray giveaway
- Samsung's inquiry blames batteries for the Note7 fiasco?
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- Can't Find PC-O10 Riser Kit
- Help overclocking x5460 / GA-EP43-UD3L past 3.99ghz
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99