Looking above at our testbed you can see there's nothing really out of the ordinary when it comes to the testbed on a whole. The only change from recent motherboard reviews is the inclusion of the Intel i7 3770k Ivy Bridge CPU which you've seen us use before, just not in a motherboard review like this one.
Before we get into the performance side of things the first thing we've got to do is cover the overclocking side of things.
Everything at the moment has pointed to Ivy Bridge overclocking not being that great under water and air cooling conditions due to the higher temperatures that are being seen on the new Intel CPU.
Looking below you can see the 4.72GHz clock we got out of the ASRock Z77 Extreme6 follows that trend compared to clocks of 4.8GHz - 5.2GHz being seen with 2600k Sandy Bridge processors.
It's a nice overclock from the default 3.5GHz clock on offer from the 3770k, but it's not as aggressive as we've seen out of other Intel processors recently. It should still yield a strong performance boost over the stock clocks, so let's see just how the new Z77 Extreme6 performs.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- OBS Studio adds support for AMD Video Coding Engine
- Halo 5, Forza Horizon 3 first games with Microsoft DRM
- How to get 1TB of lifetime cloud storage for only $39
- NASA finds strong evidence of water plumes on Europa
- Another stupid human crashes Google's self-driving party
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Seagate IronWolf 10TB NAS HDD Review
- Fitbit Charge 2 Fitness Band Review
- Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SATA III SSD Review
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now