RDRAM has been around since the Pentium 3 CPU, it wasn't popular then, its presence is being more felt now due to reduced costs, and the fact Rambus has a lot to loose now that the giant of the PC world, Intel, has left RDRAM on the side of the IT highway.
SiS however, has nothing to loose with supporting both RDRAM and DDR SDRAM solutions, as it can use the best of both worlds. We can also expect to see AMD Athlon XP chipsets and Athlon 64 systems supporting RDRAM from SiS in the near future.
ABIT has always done the best it can to provide overclocking solutions as with up-to-date technology, the SI7-G is a great adoption of the R658. Performance of the SiS RDRAM based system is far above anything that Intel was able to produce with the i850(E) and its support for AGP 8x as well as Firewire, Serial ATA, ATA-133 and USB 2.0 makes a great impression.
For an RDRAM based board, overclocking was beyond fantastic, 800MHz FSB CPU's ran without a single problem, in fact performance was fantastic with 1200 RDRAM and 800MHz FSB. While not being able to match the I875P Canterwood but ABIT's SI7-G is still a great candidate for the value end of the 800MHz FSB section.
For those who still want RDRAM for their Pentium 4 processors will want this board as it is the best of the RDRAM boards available anywhere at the moment.
RDRAM still costs more than DDR SDRAM
Rating: 8.5 out of 10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni