Our load tests utilize a couple of FAST ATE active load testers and a variety of other equipment such as an oscilloscope, power conditioner, temperature probe and a power consumption meter. You can read more about our standard testing approach here.
The tests performed are based around six conceivable setups that are out there and progressively load down the PSU up to the power supply's limits or 1000W, whichever comes first. Since our test equipment's limits are lower than that of the Cooler Master Silent Pro Hybrid 1300W PSU, we can only test it to 1000W.
The above tests represent typical loads that we have measured from various systems and are meant to give a rough idea of where your computer might fall in line with our tests. Please keep in mind that each system is different and actual loads can vary greatly even with similar hardware.
Let's start by taking a look at the voltages to see how well this unit did during testing. Starting with the 12V rail, we see 2% regulation from with a total drop of .11V from start to finish. The 5V rail also stayed within 2% voltage regulation and displayed a total drop of .12V. Moving towards the 3.3V rail, we see that regulation was again within 2% with a total voltage drop of .06V.
DC output quality was excellent from start to finish. Starting out, we were able to see a ripple on the scope during Test 1 where we measured noise at a low 17mV peak to peak. This steadily increased as the loads also increased. By the time we had reached around 50% load, the unit ripple had crept up to 23mV. Under Test 6, we saw that the noise on the 12V rail had crept up to 27mV. This is representative of 76% of the total output of this power supply.
The Cooler Master Silent Pro Hybrid 1300-watt PSU is rated for 80Plus Gold efficiency. This means that the power supply must perform at 87%/90%/87% efficiency at 20%/50%/100% loads respectively. As you can see, the Silent Pro Hybrid had no trouble achieving this while on our test bench.
Cooler Master produced one of the best enthusiast grade power supplies on the market today. The Silent Pro Hybrid 1300W is top notch from start to finish with only a few nuances to keep it from being the best of the best.
Build quality and features are off the charts as the unit and short of the lack of included cable management, you'll be hard pressed to find yourself needing something that is not provided by the Cooler Master Silent Pro Hybrid 1300-watt power supply. Fan controller, modular cables and a complete complement of connectors should keep just about anyone happy.
The unit performs very well all the way around. Voltage regulation was great and this unit had one of the most stable 12V rails we have ever seen. DC output quality was amazing and barely changed from Test 1 through Test 6. If it would drop the noise by about 5mV all the way around, it would be as close to perfect as it would come. Efficiency for the unit was also spot on. Even though we weren't able to test the unit to full load, we have absolutely no reason to believe that the unit would have come even close to failing in any of our tests.
To fault the unit anywhere along the line, you have to really nitpick at it. We felt that the sleeving for the 24-pin Main connector felt cheap compared to the rest of the cables and they could have sleeved it with something different. Other than that, the forced inclusion of the single FDD connector on one of the cables was all we could find and these two things are hardly something one can really fault the unit for. Chances are that if you are using this power supply, you'll have no need for the Molex + FDD cable anyway.
Simply put, you just can't go wrong with the Cooler Master Silent Pro Hybrid 1300-watt unit. This is before you even factor in the price of $259.99 and the five year warranty. After taking that into consideration, it makes it difficult to even consider another power supply on the market at this level.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo US boss: Switch reaction has been 'remarkable'
- PS4 Pro Media Player update includes 4K support
- Colorful's amazing iGame GTX 1080 Ti looks MEAN, FAST
- Nintendo expects Switch to sell 110 million units
- Bungie makes Destiny 2 official with an artwork tease
- GIGABYTE AX370-Gaming 5 (AMD X370) Motherboard Review
- ASRock B150M PRO4V- Voltage Control ?
- N3150-ITX Mini-PCI Express Slot
- Intel Optane Memory: What It Is and Why It Matters
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse