It has been a very long time since we have had a Cooler Master power supply up for review so we are quite happy to be able to take a look this unit.
Cooler Master is well known for a variety of PC components, cases, peripherals and such. Cooler Master has a wide selection of power supplies available to cater to just about any builder's needs. Today we are looking at one of their power supplies that is geared towards high-end enthusiasts.
The selection of power supplies above 1000-watt has been increasing steadily over the past year or so. The Cooler Master Silent Pro Hybrid 1300-watt power supply is one of the new contenders.
The power supply offers full modular cabling, quad-GPU support, 80Plus Gold efficiency, an integrated fan controller and has enough power to cook a frozen dinner faster than my microwave. All of this doesn't matter much unless the unit performs well.
Our expectations are quite high as enthusiasts seeking power of this quantity demand nothing but the best.
Specifications, Availability and Pricing
Cooler Master chose to utilize a single 12V rail on the Silent Pro Hybrid 1300-watt power supply and it is capable of 105A of power. This isn't quite the full capacity of the power supply, but very close. The 3.3V rail is rated for 22A while the 5V rail is rated for a tad more at 25A. Both combined are capable of 150W. The 5VSB rail is rated for a grand 3A. Normally this is the end of the list, but there is another rail on this unit. Since the Silent Pro Hybrid 1300-watt is capable of powering two 3-pin system fans directly from the power supply, it has a 7V rail rated for 1.8A.
We were really hoping to be able to give the Silent Pro Hybrid 1300-watt a full list of green checkmarks, but it just didn't quite work out that way. The unit is filled with more protections than Planned Parenthood and is fully modular. All of the cables are of the flat ribbon variety with the exception of the 24-pin Main connector and don't need to be sleeved. The Main is of course sleeved as you would expect. Cooler Master made sure the unit was efficient enough to achieve an 80Plus Gold efficiency rating, but alas the unit is not rated for 100% continuous output at 50C. Fortunately they do rate the unit at 40C.
Cooler Master has the Silent Pro Hybrid 1300W for sale direct from their website for $329.99. Fortunately it can be had for much cheaper elsewhere. Tiger Direct has the power supply for $259.99 after $10 MIR and free shipping, which is a much more reasonably priced. Cooler Master gives the Silent Pro hybrid 1300-watt unit a five year warranty.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- DOOM will include an 'Ultra Nightmare' graphics setting on the PC
- Dishonored 2 mods could come to consoles via Bethseda.net launcher
- The young Han Solo spin-off is a go, as Lucasfilm find their actor
- AMD's new Zen CPU will arrive in 6 and 8-core versions at launch
- iPhone 7 could have a 3.5mm headphone jack after all
- Z77Pro4 no support for Haswell or skylake cpus?
- H97MPro4 - Machine mysteriously turns back on in Win7
- Windows 10 install - Raid 0 SSDs
- LaCie P9227 Porsche Design Slim Drive 2TB USB C Review
- GA-EX58-UD3R won't post
- G.SKILL introduces 5 new color schemes to Trident Z Series DDR4 memory
- BIOSTAR announces new motherboards featuring Braswell refresh processors
- Turtle Beach reinvents eSports gaming headsets with the Elite Pro
- Colorful to showcase new products at COMPUTEX 2016
- Global e-channel expanded by 23% in Q1-2016 according to Icecat