ROCCAT Isku Software
After going directly to ROCCAT and getting the latest software from the site downloaded, as I started to install the software, it took a break from the typical straight forward install and it was as if it scanned the firmware of the Isku and detected it needed an upgrade as well. Once I had both taken care of the control panel will open at the Main Control Page. Here you get the basic functionality of the M-keys and what they are set to do default with the EasyShift[+] button. On the right there is an image of the keyboard with the keys in question highlighted to show which keys are shown on the left. If you want to jump right into the macro manager, here is where you do that as well.
Easyzone Control offers you the ability to repurpose the highlighted keys on the right to do twenty other things with these keys. They can be basic things like assigning a timer, a shortcut, or a quick launch and also perform any macro you see fit to set to each of the keys with the use of the EasyShift[+] being pressed first and them any one of the keys to get the job done that you set it to.
Since just about every other key can be reset, why not show off the multimedia default settings and offer drop down boxes to set them to whatever you see fit as well. This goes for the F1 through F12 keys, too! Just to keep everyone up to speed, that is forty-eight total keys not including the EasyShift[+]. With the ROCCAT Talk, I can technically set the one on the keyboard to anything I want too, because the one on my mouse can activate the feature in the keyboard.
Advanced Control covers the character repeat settings with a test bar to see if the results are to your liking before you close the control panel. I love the Enable/Disable keys section; this allows you to deactivate keys that will take you out of a game at the worst possible moment. For each of the profiles you can set an individual brightness so you don't have to even touch the button on the top of the Isku. There is even a little feature that when not active for a period of time, the LED brightness will dim or even shut off completely. There is a voice that will come over the speakers when you change profiles, depress the marco record button and the like. If it bothers you, you do have the option to disable it.
The last tab across the top allows you to click on a button to take you directly to the page to start downloading the latest driver for the Isku keyboard. As for the online support button, when it's pressed, you are delivered to the support section of their site. If you are having trouble with either option, or just need to do so, there is an email request link in both sections to get any questions answered you may have.
And just to give you some sort of concept of the built in potential to the Isku keyboard. When deciding to set one of the keys, this is just the list of the programs and games that are already prepped and ready to be used. Once you find what you want to use, there are also preset command lists that will show up once you hover over it, some of which have well over fifty commands listed to use.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging and Contents]
- Page 4 [ROCCAT Isku Illuminated Gaming Keyboard]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bethesda sale: $13 Doom, cheap ESO and more
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds continues titanic growth
- Next-gen Hololens to have custom AI chip
- The OnePlus 5 8GB now available for immediate dispatch
- Microsoft Paint killed off with new Creators Update
- Comic-Con 2017 trailer round-up: MCU vs DCEU vs the rest
- graphics card not detected via riser cable
- Maximum ratio (x39) with 4,06GHz for i7 4770 on GA Z87X-UD3H?
- Supermicro SuperO Booster Software Guide
- How to make one network using 2 routers
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4