ROCCAT Isku Illuminated Gaming Keyboard
Now you can see where the angular comment came from in my description. As I mentioned it sort of moves your eyes around to most of the keyboards features just as far as the sub-sections or groupings as the brutish angles seem to caress each section.
At the top on the left side there are the five profile indicators LEDs so you know at a glance what profile you are running currently. When you press the macro record button seen to the right, the indicator to its left will light to let you know it is time to perform the operations to set that macro to a key on the Isku.
For those of you who aren't into a ton of macros, ROCCAT has assigned a few for you on the left denoted as M1 through M5. These can also be reset to do something else, but is your go-to basic five for easier command of the PC.
The multimedia keys do not light up, but to make up for it, it comes with the basics of play, pause, mute and all that jazz, but offers up a home page key and a "computer" key to work bring up that folder in Windows.
Under the space bar, they figured your thumb can't be making you jump all the time, so they added three buttons here that by default will change though the various profiles with T1 and T3 while T2 brings up the software. In the software these three can also be set to do whatever you think they are suited best for.
The LED brightness switch is a bit out of focus while much more visible is the logo for the ROCCAT Talk feature I have been discussing so much lately. Under the logo is a section that will illuminate to denote the pressing of the EasyShift[+]/CAPS Lock key and the number and scroll locks as well.
Even under the keyboard they were thinking about their users and offering the coolest of what is available. Inside of the six rubber pads of various sizes and the rubber padded, flip out feet in the back, there are multiple trails designed to run your mouse through to keep the desktop area clutter free for gaming with less distractions.
As with just about all keyboard, the back feet that flip out offer a more ergonomically angle surface to keep long term injury at bay and offers half an inch of rise to the back of the Isku.
Just like what we saw with the Kone[+], the Isku comes with two meters of plastic coated USB cable with a contoured and marked connection on the end, again making it easy to find on the I/O of the motherboard.
There are five PCBs here controlling things with a few tiny connections to remove the USB cable and a power supply wire on the left. I was going to go deeper into the tear down, but I thought it best not to damage it before I got to use it, so at this point I threw in the towel.
Just plugging in the keyboard brings the Isku into its illuminated form with blue LED lighting most of the keys. You can go ahead and use it as-is, but for full functionality you need to install the software from the disc, or better yet, go to ROCCAT and make sure you have the latest drivers and firmware.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging and Contents]
- Page 4 [ROCCAT Isku Illuminated Gaming Keyboard]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Terminator' to wrap with creator James Cameron's return
- PC gaming hardware market hits $30 billion
- Nintendo Switch battery life analysis
- Resident Evil 7 isn't coming to Nintendo Switch
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild's Hyrule is bigger than Skyrim
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni