Over the past month I have gotten very used to the much smaller Corsair K60 keyboard that is my new go-to piece on my desktop, but reviewing all the variations of keyboards I get to see, I don't ever get fully comfortable with a product before another one is there to take its place and my abuse as I type out a few reviews on them and get into some sort of gaming action any free time I have left available to me.
The replacement this time is the other half of the ROCCAT Talk interconnectivity I wanted to get to try out when I reviewed the Kone[+], but had yet to open the box to its partner in crime, or gaming as it may be.
Let me explain something about ROCCAT. They seem to be one of those companies that seem pretty far and few between that actually look at products from an outside of the box perspective. Unlike some products I have seen that are essentially a rebrand with enough added on components and features that make it a standalone sort of product. ROCCAT isn't offering you mechanical switches and there aren't flashy bits of metal on it to just look and feel good, ROCCAT takes the approach of how can I make this as user friendly as possible, jam pack it with features and offer a different perspective on what "normal" peripherals should offer the end users.
That in mind, when buying from a company like this, you should expect not only a really great product to use as a plug and play ready device, but once the software is incorporated, hold on to your hat, as the amount of options contained within may just blow your mind!
Not only do I now get to use my mouse and keyboard together for the EasyShift[+] functionality, I get to write in the dark against because the Isku keyboard we are looking at today is a fully illuminated gaming keyboard. I will say up front that not only was ROCCAT looking outside the box on the way the keyboard functioned, they also took styling to a new geometric realm with the angles and overall shape and design of this keyboard. So, it isn't like they just crammed a bunch of cool tricks onto a usual rectangular keyboard, with the Isku it is something that is going to be a love it or hate it on first sight kind of design.
Even so, I think you should give it a chance because in the time I have had using this keyboard, it has not only been illuminated and comfortable to use, it makes most of my tasks for day to day living at the PC all within a click or two without even having to touch the mouse. Stick around; I think you are going to like the way ROCCAT thinks!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging and Contents]
- Page 4 [ROCCAT Isku Illuminated Gaming Keyboard]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Path of Exile launches August 24 on Xbox One
- Mass Effect: Andromeda singleplayer is dead
- Nintendo should have big Switch stockpile for holidays
- Flash shortage may last throughout 2018
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild looks GLORIOUS in 1080p 60FPS
- Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets Movie Review
- Looking for Lian Li PC-C37 pdf manual as links from Lian Li website are broken
- Aerocool Project 7 P7-C1 Pro Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- corsair vengeance lpx 16gb ddr4-2400 problem on asus x370 pro motherboard
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect
- ASRock introduces the X10 IoT router for smart homes