Over the past month I have gotten very used to the much smaller Corsair K60 keyboard that is my new go-to piece on my desktop, but reviewing all the variations of keyboards I get to see, I don't ever get fully comfortable with a product before another one is there to take its place and my abuse as I type out a few reviews on them and get into some sort of gaming action any free time I have left available to me.
The replacement this time is the other half of the ROCCAT Talk interconnectivity I wanted to get to try out when I reviewed the Kone[+], but had yet to open the box to its partner in crime, or gaming as it may be.
Let me explain something about ROCCAT. They seem to be one of those companies that seem pretty far and few between that actually look at products from an outside of the box perspective. Unlike some products I have seen that are essentially a rebrand with enough added on components and features that make it a standalone sort of product. ROCCAT isn't offering you mechanical switches and there aren't flashy bits of metal on it to just look and feel good, ROCCAT takes the approach of how can I make this as user friendly as possible, jam pack it with features and offer a different perspective on what "normal" peripherals should offer the end users.
That in mind, when buying from a company like this, you should expect not only a really great product to use as a plug and play ready device, but once the software is incorporated, hold on to your hat, as the amount of options contained within may just blow your mind!
Not only do I now get to use my mouse and keyboard together for the EasyShift[+] functionality, I get to write in the dark against because the Isku keyboard we are looking at today is a fully illuminated gaming keyboard. I will say up front that not only was ROCCAT looking outside the box on the way the keyboard functioned, they also took styling to a new geometric realm with the angles and overall shape and design of this keyboard. So, it isn't like they just crammed a bunch of cool tricks onto a usual rectangular keyboard, with the Isku it is something that is going to be a love it or hate it on first sight kind of design.
Even so, I think you should give it a chance because in the time I have had using this keyboard, it has not only been illuminated and comfortable to use, it makes most of my tasks for day to day living at the PC all within a click or two without even having to touch the mouse. Stick around; I think you are going to like the way ROCCAT thinks!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging and Contents]
- Page 4 [ROCCAT Isku Illuminated Gaming Keyboard]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Ubisoft's latest 'The Breach' trailer for Rainbow Six: Siege
- Quentin Tarantino explains his love for 70mm, says it trumps digital
- Man gets shot, instead of calling the cops, he grabs an Uber home
- New Fallout 4 mod dramatically overhauls in-game landscapes
- Apple rumored to remove the 3.5mm headphone jack from the next iPhone
- "Cheap" 4K Rig
- wifi card for gigabyte x99m gaming 5 microatx
- Newly built PC won't boot
- Spectre (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- New ASUS Notebook: Event Log flooding with Event ID 17 warnings from WHEA-Logger
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis