It's easy to see from an outside perspective that the power supply market has gotten a bit stale. Once a company comes out with a nice feature the same feature shows up in just about every offering on the market.
Lately we've seen a big push for more efficiency and with it came several 80Plus Gold and Platinum rated units. Not much has really evolved since then so the door has been left open for the next rash of features that will soon be copied by everyone else.
Anyone that has been around long enough in the industry will know that many of today's mainstream products were once driven by the modding community. Windowed cases, LED fans, water cooling and more. Power supplies have seen the same thing. Modular cables were inspired by modders who would de-solder extra cables from their power supplies to clean up the case. Cable sleeving came around from the same group. The latest craze has been custom sleeving that involves sleeving each individual wire of the cable. It provides an extra level of detail that helps the computer stand out amongst the rest as well as easing the routing of cables.
It has become so popular that OCZ has decided to bring the feature mainstream with the 1000W Fatal1ty Series power supply. All of the cables are individually sleeved, including the natively wired cables. This is the first unit that we've seen on the market to offer this feature. They've added this to a unit that looks very promising on paper for both gamers and enthusiasts alike, OCZ could have a very hot seller on their hands if it performs well.
Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The OCZ 1000W Fatal1ty Series power supply utilizes a single 12V rail design to deliver a majority of the power for the unit; 83A to be precise. Both the 3.3V and 5V minor rails are capable of 25A each with a combined maximum output of 150W. The 5VSB is rated for 4A and is the first unit that we have seen to be rated this high. Maximum combined output of the OCZ 1000W Fatal1ty Series is 1000 watts.
OCZ isn't holding anything back with the OCZ 1000W Fatal1ty Series and covers absolutely everything that we look for in a power supply. It offers a full protection suite including OTP. The power supply has both native and modular cabling, all of which is fully sleeved and secured with heat shrink tubing to prevent it from sliding around on the cables. The OCZ 1000W Fatal1ty Series power supply is also rated for 100% continuous output at 50C.
The OCZ 1000W Fatal1ty Series ships with an MSRP of $239.99 and prices vary quite a bit online. NCIX came in with the lowest price this time around as they offer the unit for $199.99 after $20 MIR and free shipping. Considering it can easily cost $50 to sleeve cables yourself, this makes the price seem fairly competitive if you were to buy a similar unit and sleeve it yourself. OCZ backs the unit with a five year warranty.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Last day for Windows 10 free upgrade is today
- Radeon 16.7.3 drivers improve Rise of the Tomb Raider performance
- Pay what you want for 180+ hours of game dev training
- New Prey game isn't a sequel or a reboot, it's a re-imagining
- PlayStation VR requires almost as much space as HTC Vive
- C2750D4i no POST turns off after couple of seconds
- Linksys EA9500 MAX-STREAM AC5400 Wireless Router Review
- GA-X58A-UD7 Error Code 88 (or 8b something)
- Asus Stix X99
- Latest APP Center Gigabyte programs
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio