Paperwork and Software
I mentioned you will find a folder with the paperwork inside of it under the inner packaging, well here it is. Even things like the delivery of the paperwork is taken above and beyond and they offer you this flat black folder with a shiny ROCCAT logo on the front to store the papers and ID card in.
Folded up on the left of the folder it the quick installation guide, which is the understatement of the week. I will show you, it has tons of info inside, not just what it take to get going. The ID card will register the mouse as well as getting you insider information and access to the cooler things that ROCCAT offers that the public at large doesn't have access to.
Unfolding the guide shows the button layout for the standard buttons and once the EasyShift is pressed at the left side. The top right has information about the EasyShift[+] system and macro controls with views of profiles for games with the EasyShift[+] and what they do for you.
On the reverse there are images of the Kone[+] with the weight and case by it and where they go in the second image that also points out the sensor. The bulk of this side is taken up with a congratulatory statement about your purchase with an image of the mouse with a rainbow of colors showing its capabilities in that matter with a list of specifications to finish it off.
In the packaging you will find a black plastic case with the ROCCAT name pressed into the top. Inside is where you will find the four, five gram weights that you can use up to or all four of to give the Kone[+] a weight you are specifically happy with.
When you install the software from the ROCCAT site, upon opening the application you are delivered to the Main Control page. This is where you take care of sensitivity, DPI settings and the double click speed. The bottom of every tab at the top offers the profiles section so that you can swap between the five and set them individually in each section.
The Button Assignment tab is self explanatory. This is where you can reference the default key bindings or customize them to do just about anything you want including macros with time delays if you click on the "Macro Manager" button that is just above the profiles section.
Color Control allows you to either individually set the four LEDs or all at once to the thirty-three color choices to the right of which LED you picked. On the right it offers effects like blinking or breathing LEDs and even offers directional flow of the way the LEDs will cycle that rainbow of colors and you can even change the speed of the effects.
The Advanced Controls give you the ability to change X and Y DPI individually, power on the TCU or enable the distance monitoring. On the right you can change what audible messages you will receive and the speed of the pointer along with the driver reset button.
Under Update/Support there is an easy place to download the latest drivers which usually will include the firmware updates and on the right you have a direct link to the support system for ROCCAT products.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Tesla's Chatbot Elon will help you manage your car
- How Mario Rabbids crossover is a big missed opportunity
- Battlegrounds' new patch: Early Access beats AAA games
- Corsair's Commander Pro controls all case fans, lighting
- Google's 4K digital whiteboard available for $5000
- C2750D4I won't get passed initializing 55
- Asus active pen (for T303UA)
- Alienware 15 R3 Laptop Storage Performance Investigation
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- Western Digital sets new standard with latest generation in popular HGST-brand Ultrastar SAS SSD family
- AMD raises expectations for server performance, unveils EPYC processor brand for the datacenter
- HighPoint's SSD7101 PCIe board-sized drive series integrate Samsung 960 NVMe SSDs to deliver groundbreaking performance over 12GB/s
- Micron accelerates all-flash storage speed, performance and value with new flexible petabyte-scale enterprise data center solution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 and 630 mobile platforms drive advanced photography, enhanced gaming, integrated connectivity and machine learning