FSP has done a pretty good job with connector selection, but a not so good job of connector availability. The SATA + Molex cables are laid out in the order of SATA + SATA + Molex + Molex. The single all SATA cable is the only one that will allow you to reach to a SATA device that is more than 27 inches from the PSU. The shared modular connection for the last PCI-E cable/ EPS12V cable means that this power supply is also out of the running for any quad-GPU systems that are also in need of dual EPS12V connectors.
On a positive note, the inclusion of two cables dedicate to fans are nice for those who are out of connectors on their motherboard, but still desire thermally controlled fans.
Rail distribution is as simple as it gets with a single 12V rail.
A Look Inside
Taking a peek inside, we find that FSP uses very little passive cooling and relies on the fan for the majority of the temperature management.
A pair of Taiwanese made Jen Pan Electronics TK series capacitors sit on the primary side of the power supply.
Nippon Chemi-Con capacitors can be found on the secondary side of the PSU.
FSP uses the Power Logic PLA13525S12HH 135mm fan to cool the unit.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4GHz, 1800X performance for $329
- NVIDIA has 70.5% GPU market share, AMD has 29.5%
- AMD Radeon RX 580 benchmarks leaked, is this Vega?
- Nintendo Switch supports remote game downloads
- Nintendo Switch left JoyCons have connection issues
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- Does anyone from Thermaltake view this forum anymore?
- Is any one from Thermaltake viewing this forum anymore?
- Lian Li A61 5.25 devices
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications