3Com Ethernet Onboard
While the ICH4 does support the Intel Pro100 Ethernet controller, Albatron has decided to go one step better. The ICH4 LAN controller is controlled by the CPU, thus relying on CPU cycles for access. This in the end reduces system resources when heavy LAN traffic passes through the system. Albatron has used a dedicated 3Com LAN controller chip which is a hardware based LAN controller, which does not rely on the CPU anywhere near as much as the Intel Pro100 controller.
Onboard sound "Off-board"
Albatron understands the needs of the value market and the enthusiasts. For the budget user, Albatron supplied a PCI sound card with the C-Media CMI8738 Audio controller onboard. This chip is known for good hardware PCI sound capabilities for a value price. For users who want a more powerful PCI sound system you can simply leave the card out and use an Audigy or your choice. This also allows you to use this card in another system that does not have a sound system already in place.
BIOS and Overclocking
Albatron are known for adding overclocking features to their boards, this one is no exception. Using a standard Award BIOS you will find the overclocking features under the Frequency/Voltage Control menu.
Here you have options for the FSB, Vcore, VDIMM, VAGP and Divider controls. First you have your FSB, you can set the FSB from 100MHz to 250MHz in 1Mhz increments, 200MHz is needed for the new 800FSB CPU, so you can go 50MHz faster with the 800FSB CPU. CPU voltage is adjustable from 1.3v up to 1.75v. This is quite acceptable for the Northwood classed processors, including the new Celerons. AGP voltage can be adjusted from 1.5v up to 1.8v, more than enough with today's video cards. DIMM voltage is adjustable from 2.5v up to 2.9v. 3.2v would have been nicer considering DRAM is being overclocked to run 800FSB on an I845PE board.
AGP/PCI dividers can be locked to 66/33MHz respectively or run at set dividers of the FSB. Locking them to 66/33 will increase your overclocking success as your PCI and AGP systems aren't being overclocked. DRAM frequency can be selected for 266/333MHz. When running 800FSB your DRAM is hitting over 400MHz, so high quality DDR-333 or DDR-400 is needed, no exceptions.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- PX845PEV-800 Anniversary Edition - Page 1 [Introduction]
- PX845PEV-800 Anniversary Edition - Page 2 [Specifications]
- PX845PEV-800 Anniversary Edition - Page 3 [Features]
- PX845PEV-800 Anniversary Edition - Page 4 [Features Continued]
- PX845PEV-800 Anniversary Edition - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System and Sandra 2003]
- PX845PEV-800 Anniversary Edition - Page 6 [Benchmarks - System Productivity]
- PX845PEV-800 Anniversary Edition - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Synthetic 3D and PC]
- PX845PEV-800 Anniversary Edition - Page 8 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- PX845PEV-800 Anniversary Edition - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Direct3D]
- PX845PEV-800 Anniversary Edition - Page 10 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Battlegrounds' new patch: Early Access beats AAA games
- Corsair's Commander Pro controls all case fans, lighting
- Google's 4K digital whiteboard available for $5000
- Acer's new Predator Z35P: 35-inch 3440x1440 100Hz G-Sync
- Crackdown 3 coming to PC, is an Xbox Play Anywhere title
- C2750D4I won't get passed initializing 55
- Asus active pen (for T303UA)
- Alienware 15 R3 Laptop Storage Performance Investigation
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- Western Digital sets new standard with latest generation in popular HGST-brand Ultrastar SAS SSD family
- AMD raises expectations for server performance, unveils EPYC processor brand for the datacenter
- HighPoint's SSD7101 PCIe board-sized drive series integrate Samsung 960 NVMe SSDs to deliver groundbreaking performance over 12GB/s
- Micron accelerates all-flash storage speed, performance and value with new flexible petabyte-scale enterprise data center solution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 and 630 mobile platforms drive advanced photography, enhanced gaming, integrated connectivity and machine learning