Features of the PX845PEV-800
Package and Contents
Albatron are known for a more liberal package to reduce costs, this time however, the packaging is of what you would expect from ASUS or ABIT - well packed with features considering it is a value board. Albatron has given the Anniversary edition board a few extras on the top. You get your motherboard, User Manual, Black IDE/FDD cables, Driver CD, Norton Internet Security, Cyberlink Power DVD and a 4.1 channel external sound card.
Board Layout and Features
Albatron uses a small ATX form factor motherboard measuring 293mm x 214mm. This is a rather small form for an I845 based board. To give you an idea, most measure over 300mm x 220mm. Albatron has used a Black PCB colouring for its Anniversary edition motherboard.
The expansion layout is a standard 1 AGP 4x slot and 5 PCI slots. This will allow for just about all the expansion accommodations that you can think of. Layout wise, the 20 pin ATX connector is located behind the DIMM slots. This keeps the bulky cable from obstructing the heatsink and fan assembly. The four pin connector is placed between the MCH and the I/O panel, this tends to have the four pin cable draping over the heatsink, which is common with many Intel I845PE boards. Relocation to the same area as the 20 pin connector would suffice. Location of the IDE connectors are placed quite sensibly, however, the floppy disk connector is in a rather obscure position. If you have a large ATX case with the Floppy disk up high, some floppy cables may not reach properly.
I845PE, 800MHz FSB off an unofficial chip
The I845PE chipset was Intel's first move to DDR-333. Originally intended to only replace the I845E chipset, the I845PE proved to be a far superior chip for overclocking. This chip was also Intel's first official chipset to support Hyper Threading, but was later enabled on the I845E and G chipsets. I845PE still only allows for up to 2GB of DDR SDRAM and AGP 4x. It still serves a great purpose for value/performance chipset for the Pentium 4.
With the ICH4 Southbridge in tow, you are given ATA-100 IDE, six USB 2.0 ports, AC'97 audio codec and built in Intel Pro100 LAN controller. The Albatron board uses a rather impressive cooler system. Albatron has built into the fan, three LED's that blink in a random order. This adds for an impressive effect for case modders.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- PX845PEV-800 Anniversary Edition - Page 1 [Introduction]
- PX845PEV-800 Anniversary Edition - Page 2 [Specifications]
- PX845PEV-800 Anniversary Edition - Page 3 [Features]
- PX845PEV-800 Anniversary Edition - Page 4 [Features Continued]
- PX845PEV-800 Anniversary Edition - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System and Sandra 2003]
- PX845PEV-800 Anniversary Edition - Page 6 [Benchmarks - System Productivity]
- PX845PEV-800 Anniversary Edition - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Synthetic 3D and PC]
- PX845PEV-800 Anniversary Edition - Page 8 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- PX845PEV-800 Anniversary Edition - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Direct3D]
- PX845PEV-800 Anniversary Edition - Page 10 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm's next-gen Snapdragon 845 teased
- Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 lets you land on the moon
- Intel Core i9-7960X benchmarks: 16C/32T 'Skylake-X' CPU
- Intel's new Core i7-8700K CPU detailed, 6C/12T @ 4.3GHz?
- GTA parent company's indie segment is making AAA games
- How to make one network using 2 routers
- Lian-Li DK02 Watercooling and dimensions
- ASUS X200 CA 1.0 should camera appear in system in control panel?
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- Baby Driver Movie Review
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4