Features of the PX845PEV-800
Package and Contents
Albatron are known for a more liberal package to reduce costs, this time however, the packaging is of what you would expect from ASUS or ABIT - well packed with features considering it is a value board. Albatron has given the Anniversary edition board a few extras on the top. You get your motherboard, User Manual, Black IDE/FDD cables, Driver CD, Norton Internet Security, Cyberlink Power DVD and a 4.1 channel external sound card.
Board Layout and Features
Albatron uses a small ATX form factor motherboard measuring 293mm x 214mm. This is a rather small form for an I845 based board. To give you an idea, most measure over 300mm x 220mm. Albatron has used a Black PCB colouring for its Anniversary edition motherboard.
The expansion layout is a standard 1 AGP 4x slot and 5 PCI slots. This will allow for just about all the expansion accommodations that you can think of. Layout wise, the 20 pin ATX connector is located behind the DIMM slots. This keeps the bulky cable from obstructing the heatsink and fan assembly. The four pin connector is placed between the MCH and the I/O panel, this tends to have the four pin cable draping over the heatsink, which is common with many Intel I845PE boards. Relocation to the same area as the 20 pin connector would suffice. Location of the IDE connectors are placed quite sensibly, however, the floppy disk connector is in a rather obscure position. If you have a large ATX case with the Floppy disk up high, some floppy cables may not reach properly.
I845PE, 800MHz FSB off an unofficial chip
The I845PE chipset was Intel's first move to DDR-333. Originally intended to only replace the I845E chipset, the I845PE proved to be a far superior chip for overclocking. This chip was also Intel's first official chipset to support Hyper Threading, but was later enabled on the I845E and G chipsets. I845PE still only allows for up to 2GB of DDR SDRAM and AGP 4x. It still serves a great purpose for value/performance chipset for the Pentium 4.
With the ICH4 Southbridge in tow, you are given ATA-100 IDE, six USB 2.0 ports, AC'97 audio codec and built in Intel Pro100 LAN controller. The Albatron board uses a rather impressive cooler system. Albatron has built into the fan, three LED's that blink in a random order. This adds for an impressive effect for case modders.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- PX845PEV-800 Anniversary Edition - Page 1 [Introduction]
- PX845PEV-800 Anniversary Edition - Page 2 [Specifications]
- PX845PEV-800 Anniversary Edition - Page 3 [Features]
- PX845PEV-800 Anniversary Edition - Page 4 [Features Continued]
- PX845PEV-800 Anniversary Edition - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System and Sandra 2003]
- PX845PEV-800 Anniversary Edition - Page 6 [Benchmarks - System Productivity]
- PX845PEV-800 Anniversary Edition - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Synthetic 3D and PC]
- PX845PEV-800 Anniversary Edition - Page 8 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- PX845PEV-800 Anniversary Edition - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Direct3D]
- PX845PEV-800 Anniversary Edition - Page 10 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon, a very slick mobo for Ryzen
- AMD Ryzen 5 1600X costs $260, offers Intel perf. at $617
- Early Nintendo Switch consoles were actually stolen
- Why Nier: Automata isn't coming to Xbox One
- Grand Theft Auto movie or TV show could happen
- Asus PRIME B250-PLUS Integated Graphics issue
- Looking for help overclocking a GA-EP43-UD3L
- I5 6600k OC settings.. aorus z270
- ASUS K55VM (LAPTOP A55VM) can't control fan speed for myself
- First ever CPU overclock - is this ok?
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Republic of Gamers announces Strix Impact