Paperwork and Hardware
As far as reading materials go, most of the information you need is included on the outside of the box, but Noctua saw to it that even more literature was included with the NF-F12 PWM fan so that they made sure everything was covered very well.
This paperwork folds open to reveal how to install the NF-F12 with the proprietary clips and how to remove the anti-vibration pads from the fan if the installation requires that you do so. I recommend they stay on if at all possible.
The bottom two thirds of the same area covers how to connect the fan and what to expect when using the included LNA. It continues to explain that cleaning of the fan is needed to keep the performance levels up and the lack of need to mess with the bearing and doing so can void the warranty.
On the back side of the paperwork you get a signed congratulatory message on purchasing one of the best fans on the market in my opinion. It also goes on to tell you what you should expect during the life of the fan and that Roland Mossig (CEO of Noctua) stands behind them with his signature adorning every one of them.
As far as the wiring is concerned, Noctua includes everything they think you may need. There is the Low Noise adapter that limits the top speed and also the noise levels of the fan during its operation. There is also an extension cable to get the fans powered from any header on the motherboard with four pins to power and sense on the fan. If you plan to use more than one, there is a single 4-pin to dual 4-pin Y splitter to use in those instances.
To mount the NF-F12 PWM, Noctua includes a set of four of the proprietary, rubber, anti-vibration, fan mounts, along with a set of four screws to install them into any 120mm hole in a chassis.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Phiaton launches PS 202 NC active noise cancellation earphones
- Famed astronaut Buzz Aldrin shares his 'master plan' for Mars
- LG partners with REEDS Jewelers for the LG Watch Urbane Luxe
- Report: Prior to breach, no one wanted to purchase Ashley Madison
- Konami developers didn't take holidays to get MGS V on PC earlier
- H97 boards, graphics cards and CPUs running hotter than on Z97 boards
- New network adapter making graphics card fail.
- x99 Extreme 4/3.1 Red Light + No Display
- Build Advice End of 2015 ASUS X99-A/USB 3.1
- X99 Extreme 6ac eSATA
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20