As much as I liked the mouse during the review process, I did run into quite a significant issue. That was whenever the mouse lost power, it also lost the defined Lift Distance of the mouse and it would default to the lowest setting, rendering the mouse sort of dead in the water. Because the Lift Distance is set that low, the mouse would think it was off the surface therefore all movement and tracking of the mouse were gone. To make sure the Lift Distance was at fault, I plugged in another mouse and went into the Corsair control panel and reset the Lift Distance to its highest setting, and the mouse would return to action. That is until the mouse lost power again, and who wants to deal with that sort of nonsense?
Through some discussion with Chris Ramseyer aiding to sort out the issue, and while I was tinkering with things, he sent off an e-mail over to Corsair. This was after looking at a few other reviews already published, and Newegg feedback stating that mice were "dying" in as soon as a few hours of un-boxing and use. I can only assume it was a similar issue and they may have just restarted the PC. In Corsair's defense, they were very fast with replies and even a solution to my issue. After the development team had a couple of days to see if they could replicate and solve the issue, I was lead to upcoming drivers that are still in the early beta stages along with a new firmware update. At this moment I can't link you to them on the private FTP server, but rest assured, these bits of "magic" software cured the issue as soon as the firmware went on the mouse just came back to life. I then added the drivers I was supplied, and I haven't had even the slightest issue in what has now been an additional three days of testing.
That being said, I know there are a lot of buyers who already opted to buy this mouse, and theirs have failed. Hopefully you were treated well after your disappointment, and either received another product or a refund pretty easily, but as I write this, those days are very soon behind us.
On a much brighter note, I got my favorite mouse back! I had been really bummed as I loved the M60 and K60 combination on my desktop, as they are the perfect fit to my needs and gaming style, but the software has once again brought a smile to my face. I am now able to have a mouse that does exactly what I ask of it in BF3, and it doesn't push my hand off the back like the M90 did. It has been a true pleasure to use the Vengeance M60, when it was working of course, and now that it is again, I can't help but to recommend you to go out and buy one if you are in the market for one, even with the issues that seem to plague this mouse.
Just when will that software be ready? At this time there wasn't a concrete answer to that. What I do know is that we will be informed when this software and firmware will be available to the public, and Cameron wrote that we will announce it in the news section as soon as it is ready. So if the Vengeance M60 Performance FPS laser gaming mouse looks like a winner to you, keep your eyes peeled on the news section, and when the wares go live, feel free to go and get one of your very own.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Rogue One' Blu-ray announced, extras detailed
- I want one: AMD Ryzen CPU review kit looks AMAZING
- NVIDIA to reveal GeForce GTX 1080 Ti on February 28
- AMD Radeon Vega details coming on February 28
- NASA finds 7 Earth-sized planets that could sustain life
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- Does anyone from Thermaltake view this forum anymore?
- Is any one from Thermaltake viewing this forum anymore?
- Lian Li A61 5.25 devices
- Z270 Supercarrier - blackscreen 09/d0, cannot switch to backup BIOS
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications
- Transcend announces Ultimate UHS Video Speed Class 30 (V30) microSD cards to support 4K Ultra HD video recording
- Final Fantasy XIV Fan Fest culminates with the journey eastward in Stormblood