The Intel Pentium 4 recently took another step in its evolutionary process. Intel has moved on from the 533MHz FSB that we have grown accustomed to and taken a giant leap forward in bus speeds. 800MHz FSB is the new milestone for the Pentium 4 and with this came a need for a new chipset, right? In part, yes and in part, no
Intel introduced the I875P chipset to officially support the 800MHz Pentium 4 CPU. This new chipset brings many great features, but at a rather high price. While it is still some time till Springdale makes it way onto the market, there has to be a medium that can handle the current CPU without costing an arm and a leg - well there is.
A few brave companies such as EPoX, Abit and Albatron are three who have taken up the challenge of supporting this new CPU without changing too much. These three companies have taken Intel's last I845 chipset to be made, the I845PE, and ramped up the speed to 800MHz FSB.
EPoX has come to the party with the most cost affective Intel Pentium 4 motherboard with support for 800 MHz FSB for the latest Intel Pentium 4 processors. So come with us as we take our first look at an 800MHz FSB Pentium 4 motherboard from EPoX with the 4PEA800.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- EPoX 4PEA800 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- EPoX 4PEA800 - Page 2 [Specifications]
- EPoX 4PEA800 - Page 3 [Features]
- EPoX 4PEA800 - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System and Sandra 2003-04-23]
- EPoX 4PEA800 - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Real World System Productivity]
- EPoX 4PEA800 - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Synthetic 3D and PC Benchmarks]
- EPoX 4PEA800 - Page 7 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- EPoX 4PEA800 - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Direct3D]
- EPoX 4PEA800 - Page 9 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft's new Surface Book laptop sports GeForce GPU, Skylake CPU
- The Crew Wild Run set for closed beta on October 15
- Lumia 950 and 950XL has liquid cooling, 4K video, octacore CPU
- Microsoft HoloLens dev kits will be $3,000, ships in Q1 2016
- 'Tobiwan', Soe and 'Maelk' to headline MLG $500,000 2015 World Finals
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- Topic: X99E-ITX/ac with 32GB ram
- Buffalo TeraStation 5200 Windows Storage Server Review
- The Crew WILD RUN PC CLOSED BETA WILL BE PLAYABLE FROM OCTOBER 15TH TO OCTOBER 19TH 2015
- MLG Announces Broadcast Talent for World Finals in New Orleans
- Patriot Announces New Viper 4 3600MHz Dual-Channel Memory Kit
- Supermicro Launches New 1U TwinPro Fully Redundant, Dual DP Node, SuperServer
- AMD Partners with Oculus and Dell to Power Oculus Ready PCs