Looking at the cooler design there's nothing too out of the ordinary when it comes to the overall look of it. We've got that fairly standard setup with the fan on the far right that helps pull in cool air, drag it across the GPU and extract it straight out the back of the case. Noise levels and temperature are always going to be interesting on these new cards, so it will be interesting to see how it goes.
One of the biggest surprises from the new GTX 680 comes in form of the power setup. As you can see above we've got a dual 6-pin setup. When it comes to these high-end single GPU cards we expect an 8-pin + 6-pin setup. The fact that NVIDIA is able to get away with a dual 6-pin setup is surprising. It will be interesting to see the power draw on the new model, an area that NVIDIA has tended to sit a little higher in.
Moving across the top and closer to the front of the card you can see we've got a pair of SLI connectors. This will give us the ability to run up to four NVIDIA GTX 680s in a system that supports it.
Finally we finish up with the I/O side of things and it's nice to see that NVIDIA are throwing DisplayPort into the mix which is seen on the far left. Next to that we've got HDMI along with two DVI connectors - one Dual-Link and one Single Link.
When it comes to specifications we can unfortunately only really tell you what we're seeing here in GPU-Z today. That's telling us that we're dealing 1536 CUDA cores and 32 ROPs. As for the core clock you can see that comes in at 1006MHz and the new "Boost" or "Dynamic OC" goes to 1059MHz which can be seen on the furthest most panel - hardly much of an improvement in clocks at all.
As for the memory side of things we've got the model that comes with 2GB of GDDR5 memory. That is on a 256-bit memory bus and carries a clock speed of 6008MHz QDR.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung Pearl Black S7 edge comes with more storage
- 'Spider-Man' comes home in first trailer
- Third 'Cloverfield' film revealed & delayed by 8 months
- John Glenn, the first American to orbit the Earth, dies
- AMD reboots its drivers with Crimson ReLive Edition
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD
- Jonsbo announces QT03A and VR2 cases, and FR-101 fan series
- Cooler Master announces the MasterCase Maker 5T
- be quiet! announces the Dark Base Pro 900 case with tempered glass window side panel