The Asus P4G8X is defiantly a board aimed at overclocking; the maximum stable speed for the processor is 160MHz FSB. This incorporates into a 2.88GHz clock speed or 480MHz overclock with our Pentium 4 2.4GHz sample. We figure that this is a good test to see if the board is capable of overclocking past 150MHz FSB. Both boards we tested where capable of achieving 160MHz FSB @ 1.65Volts. It is worth taking note that the Gigabytes board RAM must run A Sync with the processor where in the default benchmarks it was running at 333 MHz. The reason for this is that the 845PE supports 333MHz memory and that is how it runs at default.
When overclocked the RAM was running only at 300MHz, so the memory was running slower. If you are fortunate enough to have memory that is capable of 400MHz at CAS 2, you will notice higher memory scores on the 845PE board.
Here we see an increase in both 3D Marks scores; the Granite Bay motherboard is still capable of holding the lead thanks to Dual Channel.
And in our final test, we see a drop in the 845PE board due to the reason mentioned above. The Granite Bay board takes a commanding lead when running at 300MHz Dual Channel.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Asus Granite Bay - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Asus Granite Bay - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Asus Granite Bay - Page 3 [Features]
- Asus Granite Bay - Page 4 [Features Continued]
- Asus Granite Bay - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test Setup and Sandra 2003]
- Asus Granite Bay - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Synthetic PC and 3D]
- Asus Granite Bay - Page 7 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- Asus Granite Bay - Page 8 [Overclocking Results]
- Asus Granite Bay - Page 9 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Airbus wants to start testing flying cars this year
- Pokemon GO generated an insane $950 million in 2016
- Nintendo Switch will have 'steady pacing of content'
- Faraday Future stops factory construction to afford CES
- Switch's paid online is made to attract third-party devs
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99