Checking out the card you can see this one isn't quite as fancy as the other Sapphire HD 7950 we looked out. Outside of the cooler, though, there are no changes with two 6-pin PCI Express power connectors at the back of the card and two CrossFire connectors at the front.
Finally we finish off on the I/O side of things where we find a Dual Link DVI connector, HDMI port and two MiniDP connectors to round off the back of the card.
Looking at the specifications of the Sapphire HD 7950 here today you can see that they've chosen to overclock the core by 10MHz. Normally we'd be annoyed with such a small overclock, but Sapphire don't actually market the card as an "Overclocked" edition version.
As for the 3GB of GDDR5 memory nothing changes there with the default 5GHz QDR clock being present. Because today, though, we wanted to compare this card against the reference clocked HIS card we looked at which carried the default 800MHz clock, we've bumped the core down to the default 800MHz clock. This just makes our comparison fair in our benchmarks today.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.