At the launch of the new HD 7950 we checked out a pair of pre-overclocked Sapphire cards in CrossFire. Today we check out the other HD 7950 the company is offering and see how it goes with the latest WHQL driver from AMD which is the first official driver for the HD 7900 series.
Outside of our normal Catalyst article we expanded upon our testing when we looked at the Diamond HD 7970 where we tested our complete benchmark line up on the latest driver and found some nice improvements.
Having not yet tested the HD 7950 with the latest driver we figured with another HD 7950 arriving, this was a good opportunity to see what was going on with the latest driver and the HD 7950. Of course we haven't looked at the Sapphire card we've got here today, so there's a few things we need to do.
The first thing we need to look at is the bundle to see what Sapphire is offering us in that department. Once we've done that we'll move onto the card and see just exactly what's going on before checking out the specifications. Once we've done that we'll quickly cover our testbed and then simply get stuck into the performance side of things.
In typical Sapphire fashion we've got a pretty nice bundle going on here. Alongside the standard paperwork and driver CD we've got CrossFire connector, two Molex to 6-pin PCI Express power connectors, HDMI cable, MiniDP to DP connector, DVI to VGA connector and finally a HDMI to DVI connector to round out the bundle.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft's Continuum turns Lumia 950s into mobile PC's
- Ubisoft announces Far Cry Primal set in Stone Age, coming 2016
- KitGuru editor in chief apologizes for 'inflammatory' AMD article
- Intel Battery Optimizer Android app now cleans, too
- Assassin's Creed, Rainbow Six next in GeForce GTX bundles
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- Topic: X99E-ITX/ac with 32GB ram
- The Crew WILD RUN PC CLOSED BETA WILL BE PLAYABLE FROM OCTOBER 15TH TO OCTOBER 19TH 2015
- MLG Announces Broadcast Talent for World Finals in New Orleans
- Patriot Announces New Viper 4 3600MHz Dual-Channel Memory Kit
- Supermicro Launches New 1U TwinPro Fully Redundant, Dual DP Node, SuperServer
- AMD Partners with Oculus and Dell to Power Oculus Ready PCs