Already a fan of what the HD 7800 series was offering us I'm not too shocked to find myself impressed with the PowerColor offering here today as it adds everything we love about video cards - a new cooler that runs nice and quiet along with a nice overclock that helps boost our performance.
What's nice about the performance increase is that the reference HD 7870 offers us good performance around that 1920 x 1200 performance scraping past that 60 FPS average we always aim for. Thanks to the overclock, though, we see that at that 1920 x 1200 resolution we get some more breathing room from the model that helps make sure we get silky smooth gaming performance.
While we haven't got any exact word on pricing we know that there's going to be a slight premium on the PowerColor PCS+ model on top of the reference designed MSRP that comes in at $349. If past models are anything to go by, though, it won't be anything too major and considering the noise levels of the card and the overall performance, it's going to be well worth it.
If you're interested in gaming at 1920 x 1200 or 1920 x 1080 and below, the HD 7870 is just a fantastic model. If you want something quieter, though, while also a bit faster, then the PowerColor PCS+ version we've got here today really stands out.
Like most cards we see from PowerColor, the PCS+ HD 7870 GHz OC Edition 2GB card here today is going to be a great option for people who are looking for a video card at that mid $300 mark. We wouldn't hesitate recommending this to anyone who wanted to spend that kind of money.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Razer servers fail again, profiles flicked to default
- Final 'Ghost in the Shell' trailer drops in
- Elon Musk wants to link your brain to a machine
- Nintendo US boss: Switch reaction has been 'remarkable'
- PS4 Pro Media Player update includes 4K support
- DDR3 RAM question
- OST to PST Converter
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- GIGABYTE AX370-Gaming 5 (AMD X370) Motherboard Review
- ASRock B150M PRO4V- Voltage Control ?
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse