As funny as it sounds, Diamond have got the best looking HD 7970 that we've seen so far that uses the reference cooler. Sure it's only a sticker, but for most companies, that's all that separates them at the moment and the setup that Diamond has opted for makes the card stand out amongst a sea of reference cards.
The Diamond HD 7970 is just another great reference card and that's thanks so much to AMD who have been able to offer such a good base when it comes to performance and other areas like power draw. We've got little to complain about when it comes to the HD 7970 and this Diamond offering is no different.
As for the performance of the card with the latest driver, you can see across the board there are some really nice gains and in some scenarios, we come ever so close to that 60 FPS mark we aim for or even pass it. Other times we can see when we're close to it, the latest driver helps give us a bit more breathing room.
If you're in the market for a HD 7970 and happy to go down the reference cooler path, then the Diamond offering is another stand out HD 7970 that is deserving off your money.
What's even better is that the latest driver from AMD just helps the model perform even better again than it did just over two months ago when it first launched.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel preparing AIO liquid cooler for enthusisats
- Intel Core i9-7980XE: 18C/36T chip costs $2000
- Scale 'The Great Wall' to take home a Blu-ray on us!
- Western Digital reveals two 64-layer 3D NAND SSDs
- Win 'Gold' in our Blu-ray giveway!
- Intel Introduces X299, Kabylake-X, and Skylake-X
- Lian Li PC-Q25B - distance between stand and edge of case
- LaCie Bolt3 2TB Thunderbolt 3 Review
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- HyperX expand DDR4 memory with higher density kits up to 4,000MHz
- Western Digital to deliver world's first client solid state drives with 64-layer 3D NAND technology
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card