I have had this Diamond video card floating around for a little bit now, but wanted to make sure when we got around to testing it that we did it in a way that stands out and makes it a bit more interesting than just running it at stock through our lineup of benchmarks.
Since we knew that the Catalyst 12.2 drivers weren't far away we figured it was a good chance to look at the driver in a bit more detail than just our typical Catalyst benchmark line up, so that's exactly what we'll be doing today as we see how the Diamond HD 7970 with the series' first WHQL driver goes against the original launch driver we used.
Of course there are a few things we need to do before we get into the performance side of things and we see exactly what's going on with the latest AMD driver. Since we haven't looked at the Diamond HD 7970, the first thing we need to do is take a closer look at the bundle to see exactly what's going on.
Once we've done that we'll move into looking at the video card itself before we check the specifications. Once that's done we'll quickly cover our testbed and some of the other cards we've got here, which will then lead us into our benchmarks. First, though, we need to look at the package, so let's check it out.
Checking out the bundle of the Diamond video card we've got the normal paperwork and driver CD along with a mini catalog. We've got a Mini DP to DVI and HDMI to DVI cable included along with the standard CrossFire bridge.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Quantum Break is exclusive to the Windows Store, won't reach Steam
- The PC Gaming Show is coming back, will take place during E3 2016
- Intel's unreleased 18-core Xeon CPU hits eBay for $999
- In case you missed it. ARK: Survival Evolved updated on Xbox One
- Twitch users spent 241 billion minutes watching games in 2015
- OCZ TRION 150 480GB SATA III SSD Review
- Any advice on redeeming Asus Promotions?
- Extreme Problem (not alone)
- Cougar 450K Hybrid Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- more a what's your opinion on motherboard replacement re: asus 1225b
- Phanteks Announces the Eclipse P400 and P400S Chassis
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Horus GK2000 Gaming Keyboard
- Logitech Announces the G810 Orion Spectrum Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- ADATA Reveals HD650X and HD710M USB 3.0 External Hard Drives