I have had this Diamond video card floating around for a little bit now, but wanted to make sure when we got around to testing it that we did it in a way that stands out and makes it a bit more interesting than just running it at stock through our lineup of benchmarks.
Since we knew that the Catalyst 12.2 drivers weren't far away we figured it was a good chance to look at the driver in a bit more detail than just our typical Catalyst benchmark line up, so that's exactly what we'll be doing today as we see how the Diamond HD 7970 with the series' first WHQL driver goes against the original launch driver we used.
Of course there are a few things we need to do before we get into the performance side of things and we see exactly what's going on with the latest AMD driver. Since we haven't looked at the Diamond HD 7970, the first thing we need to do is take a closer look at the bundle to see exactly what's going on.
Once we've done that we'll move into looking at the video card itself before we check the specifications. Once that's done we'll quickly cover our testbed and some of the other cards we've got here, which will then lead us into our benchmarks. First, though, we need to look at the package, so let's check it out.
Checking out the bundle of the Diamond video card we've got the normal paperwork and driver CD along with a mini catalog. We've got a Mini DP to DVI and HDMI to DVI cable included along with the standard CrossFire bridge.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- LG announces 'Ray' smartphone for 3G markets
- Power two systems with one power supply thanks to Phanteks' splitter
- QPAD uses DreamHack to launch its first new mouse shape in seven years
- Noctua says its 24V industrial fans are the best an enthusiast can get
- Samsung announces huge 128GB DDR4 DIMMs for enterprise, data centers
- Seagate Game Drive for PlayStation 1TB Review
- North Bridge Frequency Locked at 4300 on Fatal1ty X99M Killer/3.1 Board
- New SSD Connections and GA-Z87X-UD5H?
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 120L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- SanDisk Extreme 500 240GB USB 3.0 Portable SSD Review
- CYBERTRONPC OFFERS TESSERACT 15 SK NOTEBOOK, NOW WITH 6th GEN INTEL PROCESSOR AND WINDOWS 10
- HERE and the Netherlands evaluating 4G/LTE-based C-ITS road messaging system
- Sony PLAYSTATION 4 (PS4) SALES SURPASS 30.2 MILLION UNITS WORLDWIDE
- Samsung Starts Mass Producing Industry's First 128-GIGABYTE DDR4 Modules for Enterprise Servers
- LG RAY DELIVERS LARGE HD DISPLAY AND BEST-IN-CLASS CAMERAS FOR 3G MARKETS