We've started to see this shroud design from Sapphire for a little while now and it looks fantastic. The aggressive lines and oversize nature of it with its massive fans make for a great looking cooler. Along with all that you can see the copper heatpipes coming out the bottom of the card and the massive aluminum heatsink sitting behind the fans.
On the power side of things we've got two connectors in the form of a single 6-pin PCIe and single 8-pin PCIe connector. Closer to the front we've also got two CrossFire connectors and next to that a Dual BIOS switch, which we'll be making use of today. We'll talk about that more in just a moment when we move over to the specification side of things.
As for the I/O side of things that is just very HD 7970. We've got a Dual-Link DVI connector, HDMI port and two Mini DisplayPort connectors on the far left. It's worth remembering as well that if you're on a DisplayPort monitor, we did find a Mini DP to DP connector in the bundle.
Pulling the card out of the box and sliding it into our testbed we fired up GPUz to check the clock speeds. Out of the box the card carries a core clock of 950MHz up from the default 925MHz while the 3GB of GDDR5 memory carries a 5700MHz QDR memory clock up from the default 5500MHz QDR.
Sapphire actually makes use of the BIOS switch on offer today, though, and by flicking over to the second BIOS on the card when the machine is off you're able to get an even higher overclock.
As you can see above with the BIOS switch in the second spot our core is pushed up to an even 1000MHz while the 3GB of GDDR5 gets bumped again coming in at 5800MHz QDR.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Enter our giant 'BFG' Blu-ray giveaway thanks to Disney!
- Discover the 'Secret Life of Pets' in our Blu-ray promo!
- PlayStation Plus Instant Game December line-up leaked
- Star Wars creator George Lucas 'really liked' Rogue One
- Facebook debuts 'Instant Games' app worldwide
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset