Antec provides a rather decent selection of cables and connector availability for the EarthWatts 650W Platinum unit. Aside from the mandatory 20+4 pin Main and ATX4+4 connectors there are six SATA, four Molex, one FDD and two PCI-E connectors. It would have been nice to see another set of PCI-E connectors, especially since the power supply boasts the SLI ready logo on the back of the box.
Antec doesn't disclose the rail distribution anywhere that we could find, but it was rather easy to trace once we opened up the unit. Everything is divided up relatively evenly with all peripheral connections on 12V1, the ATX 4+4 connection on 12V2, 20+4 pin Main on 12V3 and two PCI-E connections on 12V4.
A Look Inside
Popping the bottom off, we find a very simple unit with little passive cooling.
A single Taiwanese made CapXon capacitor is utilized on the primary side of the unit.
Nippon Chemi-Con's can be found on the secondary side of the PSU.
Antec uses the Yate Loon D12BH-12 fan to cool the EarthWatts 650W Platinum power supply.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The new Zelda game takes up nearly half Switch's storage
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 900p docked, 720p undocked
- Super Mario Odyseey hits 7 million views on YouTube
- Mass Effect: Andromeda will support HDR10, Dolby Vision
- GIGABYTE's Aorus brand is ready for next-gen GPUs
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- Can't Find PC-O10 Riser Kit
- Help overclocking x5460 / GA-EP43-UD3L past 3.99ghz
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99