Antec provides a rather decent selection of cables and connector availability for the EarthWatts 650W Platinum unit. Aside from the mandatory 20+4 pin Main and ATX4+4 connectors there are six SATA, four Molex, one FDD and two PCI-E connectors. It would have been nice to see another set of PCI-E connectors, especially since the power supply boasts the SLI ready logo on the back of the box.
Antec doesn't disclose the rail distribution anywhere that we could find, but it was rather easy to trace once we opened up the unit. Everything is divided up relatively evenly with all peripheral connections on 12V1, the ATX 4+4 connection on 12V2, 20+4 pin Main on 12V3 and two PCI-E connections on 12V4.
A Look Inside
Popping the bottom off, we find a very simple unit with little passive cooling.
A single Taiwanese made CapXon capacitor is utilized on the primary side of the unit.
Nippon Chemi-Con's can be found on the secondary side of the PSU.
Antec uses the Yate Loon D12BH-12 fan to cool the EarthWatts 650W Platinum power supply.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Regenerate a 'Doctor Who' Blu-ray in our latest giveaway
- Take-Two earns 81% of its net revenue from consoles
- AMD ThreadRipper 1998X: 16C/32T @ 3.9GHz, 44 PCIe lanes
- EVGA teases its GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid graphics card
- ARM announces new CPUs and GPU at Computex 2017
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017