The Build and Finished Product
Back to the TJ04-E as we now have all the parts in it and are getting ready to get the testing underway. In the front the DVD drive fits as well as the covers do, with a bit of spacing on all sides. The tool-less mechanism is very solid and really doesn't require screws for backup.
With the usual suspects all lined up in the TJ04-E I was left with plenty of room. The wire management holes all seemed to be in perfect placement. As I wired up my 750W Strider, it was like the wires knew where to go as I connected them to just the PSU end. This modular unit really made this build easy.
Not much changes in the back. We do get the colorful I/O panel that fits in pretty easily and securely and of course all the DVI and pair of mini-HDMI ports in the expansion slots.
All of that room behind the motherboard tray really shows well with the amount of wiring I was able to run here. Literally there is only one power lead that I ran to the drives at the bottom that I didn't run through the back of this chassis. When it comes time to cover it with the door, they swing on like a car door, so it closed with ease over this.
All back together the TJ04-Evolution is a sleek looking, aesthetically pleasing mid-tower that you just can't resist. At least in my opinion it is a chassis I think is going to be a best seller in its new incarnation even more so that the original could have ever been.
Try to ignore the tripod as you look into the window in the side of the Temjin. You get an unimpeded view of everything from top to bottom without have to see all the structure to the right of it.
Once I added power I was first very pleased with the lack of noise coming from the chassis. Then there is the fact that this sophisticated chassis keeps the lighting simple with just the smallest blue LED for power and the occasional flicker of the HDD activity light. As far as what comes flowing out of the window for lighting, well that part is up to you, but a set of white cathodes would do this case some sweet justice.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Score this award-winning Bluetooth speaker for 50% off
- Blizzard talk rewards in World of Warcraft patch: 7.1
- The sales of smartwatches have dropped by more than 50%
- Scientists think they've received signals from aliens
- Intel's new Atom processor is a step closer to Skynet
- Battlefield 1: War Stories Review
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard Review
- Micro SDXC card Strontium vs Sandisk vs Samsung
- MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming X 4G Review
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications
- Simplygon enables future of virtual development with open access to software
- Lenovo debuts commercial desktops and notebooks featuring 7th generation AMD PRO processors
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards