Inside the SilverStone TJ04-Evolution
The first glance inside this TJ04-E shows the wiring is all tidied up to keep it still in transit. Also we see an odd looking hard drive rack with a handle on it and some sort of rack to the left of it impeding us from seeing the full extent of the room inside of this chassis.
The four 5.25" bays have tool-less clips on this side that lift up to allow the drive in and then click into place when the drive is positioned correctly. The screws you see are to hold the covers in place. There is one on this side and a pair of screws on the back for each of the bay covers.
The hard drive system is a three sided sled that can be fully removed for easier installation. To remove this rack you need to remove two screws at the top and two at the bottom, lift the handle and then gently pull the rack out of the case.
Once the sled it removed, you can install either a 3.5" or a 2.5" drive on the pedestal this once sat on, too. With the rack out of the way you can see the 120mm fan in taking air and blowing right into the removable rack. The bit you see on the front is the panel for the buttons and activity LEDs with the connection for the cable.
Where the PSU is to be installed you can see there is a shift forward in the motherboard tray. This allows a huge amount of room to hide wiring just behind the PSU if you don't use a modular design. The floor is padded to keep vibrations down and just in front of this area is a removable 2.5" drive rack.
The motherboard tray offers a large CPU cooler access hole and nine other holes to manage the wiring through. It also offers eight place to tie wiring to as well as just off to the right, by the fan, this area is completely open and easy to run wiring through.
In the back of the TJ04-E there is a 120mm fan as the only exhaust to the chassis making for a positive pressure design good for keeping dust out of the case. All three fans have this 3-pin connection to power them and no adapters were included with the hardware.
I thought you might want to see the inside of the top of the TJ04-E, so here it is! You can add another fan if you wish and this makes a good place for the dual 120 radiator AIO water coolers.
Behind the motherboard tray there isn't anything in your way to get the wiring any where you want it. There is a minimum of 30mm in all areas here, with closer to 50mm at the bottom.
There are only three leads to contend with from the front I/O and they are really long for this chassis. There is the native USB 3.0 cable, the HD Audio cable and the rainbow cable for the button and LED connectivity.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Tesla's Chatbot Elon will help you manage your car
- How Mario Rabbids crossover is a big missed opportunity
- Battlegrounds' new patch: Early Access beats AAA games
- Corsair's Commander Pro controls all case fans, lighting
- Google's 4K digital whiteboard available for $5000
- C2750D4I won't get passed initializing 55
- Asus active pen (for T303UA)
- Alienware 15 R3 Laptop Storage Performance Investigation
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- Western Digital sets new standard with latest generation in popular HGST-brand Ultrastar SAS SSD family
- AMD raises expectations for server performance, unveils EPYC processor brand for the datacenter
- HighPoint's SSD7101 PCIe board-sized drive series integrate Samsung 960 NVMe SSDs to deliver groundbreaking performance over 12GB/s
- Micron accelerates all-flash storage speed, performance and value with new flexible petabyte-scale enterprise data center solution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 and 630 mobile platforms drive advanced photography, enhanced gaming, integrated connectivity and machine learning