When we looked at the Wicked Lasers Spyder III Arctic we determined that it was an excellent buy for the money. The Spyder III Krypton throws your beam a higher distance, offers a brighter, more converged focus point and gives a much brighter effect. The problem is it costs a grand for the unit we looked at today. For the price you could have three Arctic 1 watt models and a few accessories to boot.
A more appropriate test would have been on price with the $299.95 Spyder III Arctic 1 watt and the $299.95 Spyder III Krypton 300mW. We aren't going to complain about getting the big daddy model though; it just makes giving you are comparison based on price a bit more difficult.
Looking at the Spyder III Krypon 1000mW as a standalone unit without considering the Arctic model I have to say it is a helluva lot of fun. When people come over the lasers usually come out at some point.
Sure, they are novelty items without a real purpose for most people, but then again, what adult toy isn't.
Editor Note: Lasers can be very dangerous. Use them at your own risk and keep out of reach of children.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [Wicked Laser Spyder III Krypton 1000mW Laser]
- Page 5 [Testing Procedures and Laser Focus]
- Page 6 [Laser Intensity and Distance]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo reveals foldable New 2DS XL for $149
- AMD's new Ryzen Balanced Power Plan drivers are here
- Switch to get 'continuous stream' of third-party games
- Nintendo 3DS isn't going anywhere
- Messenger Lite now available in 150 additional countries
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives