Even though the Wicked Lasers Spyder III Krypton doesn't cause the same short term effects as the Arctic it is still important to realize you are playing with a laser that is over 8,000 times brighter than the sun.
If that doesn't cause you some level of concern, than this will - the 1 watt model can project a dot on an object 85 miles away. The Earth's atmosphere is only 62 miles. We would love to test the 85 mile claim made by Wicked Lasers, but there are two issues. The first is getting an 85 mile stretch of land. I'm in Indiana, but we don't have empty corn fields that long. The second issue has to do with the curvature of the Earth.
Testing today will be a lot like Show-and-Tell. There isn't a need to show you matches lighting on fire because they are matches and will light on fire on their own. The balloon popping thing is a bit over played too since you can pop balloons on your own without spending $300.
I will show you some really cool things to do with your own Wicked Laser Spyder III Krypton. We will also look at the laser and compare it to the Arctic.
The Krypton Beam Focus
Using the included glasses that ship with the Spyder III Krypton we can reduce the amount of secondary light that is reflected from an object. The Arctic 1W beam is on the left side and has an elliptical shape. The Krypton 1W beam is on the right side and is much more focused. I would estimate the tip to be around half that produced by the Arctic. This is important because the smaller the dot the more intensity it has.
Here we see the point of impact nearly head on. The point is a nearly perfect circle.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [Wicked Laser Spyder III Krypton 1000mW Laser]
- Page 5 [Testing Procedures and Laser Focus]
- Page 6 [Laser Intensity and Distance]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Razer servers fail again, profiles flicked to default
- Final 'Ghost in the Shell' trailer drops in
- Elon Musk wants to link your brain to a machine
- Nintendo US boss: Switch reaction has been 'remarkable'
- PS4 Pro Media Player update includes 4K support
- DDR3 RAM question
- OST to PST Converter
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- GIGABYTE AX370-Gaming 5 (AMD X370) Motherboard Review
- ASRock B150M PRO4V- Voltage Control ?
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse