Like just about every other HD 7970 we've looked at we've got the reference design going on here which means there are no real big surprises. Taking a quick spin around the card finds an 8-pin PCIe and 6-pin PCIe power connector while closer to the front we've got the BIOS switch and two CrossFire connectors, which we'll be making use of today.
Moving over to the I/O side of things quickly we've again got nothing out of the ordinary with a Dual Link DVI connector, HDMI port and two Mini DP ports on the far left. The top half of the card is vented to help let the hot air escape, something we'll no doubt need the cards to do today as they heat up.
Sitting in a neat row we have our four reference clocked cards which means on the core side of things we've got a 925MHz clock while the 3GB of GDDR5 memory carries with it a 5500MHz QDR clock. No surprise at all and exactly what we want to see as we look at the scaling performance today.
Before we move onto the testbed the last thing we want to check is that all our GPUs are enabled. Looking at the bottom in the ATI CrossFire tab you can indeed see that CrossFire is enabled and done so via four GPUs.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Ryzen powered QNAP NAS spotted at Computex
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Lightning Z spotted
- Regenerate a 'Doctor Who' Blu-ray in our latest giveaway
- Take-Two earns 81% of its net revenue from consoles
- AMD ThreadRipper 1998X: 16C/32T @ 3.9GHz, 44 PCIe lanes
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017