Now my personal feelings toward this new sample are going to be a bit biased coming from almost a solid years worth of use of the G110 from Logitech and I really got to like that keyboard. So how does the G105: made for Call of Duty gaming keyboard stack up against "old trusty", my G110?
Surprisingly well, actually! I was getting quite bored of the limited LED choices and this night-vision green used on the G105 is a treat for me. Change is always good. I really liked the dial on the G110 that controls the sound and is not offered on the G105, but other than that I found the G105 has mostly the same functionality as the G110; it just offers it in a different manner. The last reduction in the G105 is the lack of some of the G-keys, but to be honest, I never found twelve things per game I wanted to control there anyways.
For Call of Duty fans, this keyboard is a no brainer and the pricing is so good right now, I don't see how COD MW3 fans are going to pass this keyboard up. I found myself to be more of a BF3 guy than a MW3 player, but even so, I don't care that the name is on the keyboard, I like the green LED backlighting, the simplicity and smaller size of the G105, I just wish it came with a wrist rest. Without drivers you are pretty functional on the basic level. The LEDs will light, you can use the normal keys and the media keys and it looks good just doing that. Once the drivers are installed, the options are only limited to the eighteen programmable buttons if you use all three profiles for that application or game. I really like that the software scans for the games I already have and has pre-defined and easy to get to profiles for said games. If even just to use the G-keys to assign to a VOIP service will make the additional keys worth the additional space on the left of this keyboard.
As I mentioned earlier, the best place currently to buy your own Logitech G105: Made for Call of Duty keyboard is directly from Logitech for $59.99. Compared to the rest of the e-tailers pricing, there isn't any reason not to go directly to them. In the end I like the feel of the new rubber dome switches, as those on my G110 no longer feel this "springy" and I also got out of the monotony of the color choices. The G105 offers everything you need in this attractive green LED and Call of Duty MW3 battle worn logo.
Comparatively speaking, if this board had been out when I purchased my G110, I would have opted out of that in favor of this wallet friendly pricing and the fact that it does look really cool on your desk! Like I said, even if you aren't a MW3 player, the current pricing may make you even lean to this as the solution to your needs.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging and Contents]
- Page 4 [Logitech G105: Made For Call of Duty Gaming Keyboard]
- Page 5 [Logitech G105: Made For Call of Duty Gaming Keyboard Cont'd]
- Page 6 [Paperwork and Software]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- This tool allows you to use your taskbar on any multi-monitor setup
- Be Quiet! launches its Silent Base 600 chassis with insulation
- Cyberpunk 2077 is 'far bigger than anything' CD Projekt Red has made
- View-Master goes next-gen with a new VR-powered View-Master
- Some iPhone 6S handsets are running so hot they are shutting down
- I Was Wondering If Someone Could Help Me With Driver Issue For SATA3 z97
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent
- DOK SOLUTION UNVEILS CR09, 2 DEVICE CHARGER/CRADLE/CLOCK/SPEAKER/RADIO WITH 'SCD TECHNOLOGY' (SMART CURRENT DETECTION), NO MORE OVERCHARGING!
- FIRST CELLULAR ANDROID WEAR SMARTWATCH PREVIEWED AT LG EVENT
- LG UNVEILS V10, A SMARTPHONE DESIGNED WITH CREATIVITY IN MIND
- Marvell Teams Up with Google to Enable Chromecast 2.0 and Chromecast Audio