Editor Note: After this article was published we learned that TRIM was not working on our test system at the time the Extreme 240GB was tested. A follow up article has been published with accurate benchmarks. Please read it here.
HD Tune Pro
Version and / or Patch Used: 4.00
Developer Homepage: http://www.efdsoftware.com
Product Homepage: http://www.hdtune.com
HD Tune is a Hard Disk utility which has the following functions:
Benchmark: measures the performance
Info: shows detailed information
Health: checks the health status by using SMART
Error Scan: scans the surface for errors
HD Tune Pro gives us accurate read, write and access time results and for the last couple of years has been gaining popularity amongst reviewers. It is now considered a must have application for storage device testing.
SandForce has been working really hard these last few months on their firmware to increase performance and reliability. Here we see the performance side of their work paying off. The Vertex 3 240GB sitting on our charts uses an older firmware version (but a newer FW is available on OCZ's website) than the SanDisk Extreme SSD 240GB. The SanDisk Extreme delivers a very good sequential read across the drive. The average speed is just over 409MB/s.
When a new flash is introduced you never really know how the die shrink will affect write performance. From this view it looks like the SanDisk 24nm Toggle Mode flash handles the new geometry just fine and still produces exciting write speeds. Here we see an average sequential write of just under 412MB/s.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Take a walk with 'Billy Lynn' and win a 3D Blu-ray on us
- SanDisk expands superfast MicroSD lineup
- LG partners with Valve to make next-gen VR headset
- Official 'Alien Covenant' prequel short released online
- 'Moonlight' wins Best Picture Oscar in huge screw up
- Will the PC-Q17 ever be released in the U.S?
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- FutureMark reveals new VR and server benchmarking tools
- LG preparing VR HMD
- Dolby Laboratories and LG Electronics announce first smartphone to support Dolby Vision
- Meet the HUAWEI P10, a stunning combination of technology and art
- Samsung expands tablet portfolio with Galaxy Tab S3 and Galaxy Book, offering enhanced mobile entertainment and productivity