Looking at the MSI card you can see we've got a big dual fan setup with a massive aluminum heatsink sitting behind the two fans. Taking a quick spin around the card you'll see a 6-pin PCIe power connector at the back while closer to the front we've got a single CrossFire connector.
The I/O side of things doesn't hold any surprises with a single Dual-Link DVI connector, full size HDMI port and two Mini DisplayPort connectors to round it off.
This annoys me a little bit with MSI and it's not the first time they've done it.
Looking below we can see that the default core comes in at 1020MHz while the 1GB of GDDR5 carries a 4500MHz QDR memory clock. While this is an overclock, it's a core overclock of just 20MHz while the memory is left at complete stock. Considering we've seen overclocks of 100MHz+, it would've been much nicer to see MSI go harder here.
We'll be moving past the stock clocks of the card here today and as you can see above we ended up bringing the core up to 1240MHz, while the 1GB of GDDR5 came in at a nice rounded 5200MHz QDR.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- HTC's new One X10 teased, a new budget 5.5-inch phone
- Nintendo Switch may use 4GB LPDDR4 1600MHz RAM
- 'Never Go Back' with our 'Jack Reacher' Blu-ray giveaway
- Horizon Zero Dawn: solid 30FPS on the PS4 Pro
- AMD Ryzen explained: motherboards, CPUs, and more
- Z170M Pro4S underperforming RAM / UEFI bug
- PC may end up in a reboot cycle from cold boot.
- Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming G1 M.2 SSD Supported?
- Asus PRIME B250-PLUS Integated Graphics issue
- Looking for help overclocking a GA-EP43-UD3L
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Partners with WPGI womens Esports league