Looking at the card the design is fairly basic; we've got a heatsink with some copper pipes running out the bottom and a fan that is fairly big sitting in the middle. It should do a good job of keeping our card cool. Outside of this there are no surprises with a single 6-pin PCIe power connector at the back of the card while across the top we find a single CrossFire connector which we'll be making use of today.
On the I/O side of things we find a Dual-Link DVI connector, HDMI port and two Mini-DP connectors on the far left. As mentioned on the previous page, it's nice to see that Sapphire has included a Mini-DP to DP connector in the bundle.
Out of the box a reference clocked HD 7770 will come in at 1000MHz on the core and 4500MHz QDR on the 1GB of GDDR5 memory. Looking below at the default clocks you can see the Sapphire comes in with an impressive 1150MHz core and 5000MHz QDR memory clock.
While slightly higher on the core compared to the XFX which came in at 1020MHz, the memory clock is slightly down compared to 5200MHz QDR. Heading into Afterburner we pushed the core of the XFX up to 1050MHz while we pushed the Sapphire memory clock up to 5200MHz QDR resulting in both cards running at 1050MHz / 5200MHz QDR.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo sold 2.3 million NES Mini consoles
- Nintendo forecasts 10 million Switch sales this year
- Capcom's 2016 financials outline company's future
- Sony shipped about 60 million PS4s
- Next-gen PS4 coming in 2018, analyst predicts
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives