Looking at the card the design is fairly basic; we've got a heatsink with some copper pipes running out the bottom and a fan that is fairly big sitting in the middle. It should do a good job of keeping our card cool. Outside of this there are no surprises with a single 6-pin PCIe power connector at the back of the card while across the top we find a single CrossFire connector which we'll be making use of today.
On the I/O side of things we find a Dual-Link DVI connector, HDMI port and two Mini-DP connectors on the far left. As mentioned on the previous page, it's nice to see that Sapphire has included a Mini-DP to DP connector in the bundle.
Out of the box a reference clocked HD 7770 will come in at 1000MHz on the core and 4500MHz QDR on the 1GB of GDDR5 memory. Looking below at the default clocks you can see the Sapphire comes in with an impressive 1150MHz core and 5000MHz QDR memory clock.
While slightly higher on the core compared to the XFX which came in at 1020MHz, the memory clock is slightly down compared to 5200MHz QDR. Heading into Afterburner we pushed the core of the XFX up to 1050MHz while we pushed the Sapphire memory clock up to 5200MHz QDR resulting in both cards running at 1050MHz / 5200MHz QDR.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Battlefield 4 'Summer update' arrives on September 1
- Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet reaches Australia, available right now
- Six people busted for using Lizard Squad's custom DDoS tool
- Square Enix improvised Final Fantasy 7's development, says Nomura
- Ashley Madison growing, including almost 90K women last week
- PC-Q01/PC-Q03 Sizing Questions
- USB 3.0 header availability for PC-C37?
- Clean install windows 10 after being an insider
- Corsair Hydro H110i GTX High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- H97 boards, graphics cards and CPUs running hotter than on Z97 boards
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20